1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd copying

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by whatafix, Apr 21, 2007.

1. whatafix

whatafix Guest

i am getting very confused why i cant copy dvds any more .all ws ok on my old pc and then it all stopped.i thought it was my old pc had got a bit tired so i went out and got a new vista 32 bit pc .loaded all my stuff...dvd decrypter and 1 click copy dvd and dvd shrink.i still cant copy anything .they tell me copy cpmplete and when i try the disk in my home player ..nothing even the pc dvd wont play them .can any one help its costing a bomb in buying disks to throw away

2. mybarras

mybarras Member

3. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

whatafix
    can you post your burn log? are you getting any errors at all? what media are you using?

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

What has been happening with some of the newer releases is heavier copy protection. Word has it that the ARccOS was beefed up to the point it was interfering with some players. Improved decryption software was what was called for, not another PC. When you purchased the Vista PC, you still have the same problems with copy protection, plus the added problem of the increased DRM incorporated into the Vista operating system. Some of the backup software wasn't written to work on the Vista OS. You can check the websites of the retail programs to see if they're compatible. For the rest you'll have to check around the forums to see what's working and what's not.

5. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

pacman777
    i read that 32bit was having problem if you had 64bit you were ok.dont know if it true

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

born2ride
    Thanks for the input. I guess I need to do some reading up now that Vista is going to be part of the works. Still, the original copy protection problems will be there irregardless of the operating system.

7. Co45

Co45 Regular member

Been going six months sraght with vista 32 bit...

Not to happy with vista but all the dvd programs work fine!

dvd fab
    dvd decryptor
    vob blanker
    dvd shrink
    rip it 4 me

Nero 6 does not work! kinda upset about that one!
    Didnt wanna buy the upgrade.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  8. whatafix

whatafix Guest

ok seems i made a bit of an error going over to vista.is there any one out there that has vista and can let me no of any burn software that works ok with it .have now unistalled nero 6 and put it in the bin

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Check with Slysoft, DVDIdle, and InterVideo for retail. For the more popular freeware, check their websites. Some of them say upfront if they're Vista capable or not.

10. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

pacman777

i think i read it wrong but heres the link for the thread.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/465343

quote from ybor

"Apparently there are no problem if you are using any Vista other than the 64 bit Ultimate edition, which is what I currently have. All the other editions are only 32 biit and people have reported no problems with Shrink and AnyDVD
    Has anyone found a workaround for the problem I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread on dealing with the problms on the 64 bit syatem?"