1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd decripter help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kinel, Jul 4, 2003.

1. kinel

kinel Regular member

can some one tell me how to record using dvd decripter what i do is select iso file then read then i got to write but it has to files so i dont know witch one too select cheers in advance

2. spikeleee

spikeleee Member

I have been using "DVD Decrypter" without any problems. First you start the software then place the DVD game into your DVD recorder. Then select ISO >>> Read then click on the bottom icon to start copying; it is then stored in your hard drive. Then you replace the DVD game with a blank disk. Go to ISO >>> Write. Click on file icon to locate the copied game and you should see DVDIMAGE file or equivalent. Double click on that then start recording to your disk. And that is it.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2003
  3. kinel

kinel Regular member

i do all that but when i open image file it had two files so i dont know what one to pick

4. spikeleee

spikeleee Member

Pick the file that is the largest in size. You can find this out by clicking the right mouse button over the icon and click on "Properties" to see the file size.

5. hybridsun

hybridsun Member

Or if that doesn't work, try going to TOOLS->SETTINGS->ISO option for file splitting and try turning it off. I know that this option is usually for DVD Movies, but try giving that a shot, if its not already set

6. kinel

kinel Regular member

so does that mean i got to have both those files cas when i burnt the iso file it didnt boot with my swap magic disks

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

just burn the .ISO not the .MDS

8. alldat123

alldat123 Member

i am new 2 this. is there any way to copy a dvd game to a cd-r. to copy a game do i have to do all this stuff like ripping and deleting files and decrypting. also, do they not make blank dvd disc big enough to hold a hole game so you dont have to delete anything. i am sorry for asking so much, can anyone send me a private message with there aol or yahoo screename so they can help me.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2003
  9. c7015

c7015 Regular member

here is a guide to ripping dvd games to a 700 mb cd however it is rather complicated so I think you should master the making image files and burning games before you dive into ripping games

here is the process though http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/8553

10. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Kinel what operating system do you have? Do you know if it is fat32 or ntfs?

11. kinel

kinel Regular member

OK CHEERS EVERY ONE FOR YOUR HELP I FIGURED IT OUT IT WAS WHEN IME USING NERO MY COPIES WERE COMING OUT BAD BUT THAT WAS CAS MY COM HAD BEEN ON FOR HOURS AND WOULDNT BURN ALL THE WAY SO I TURNRED IT OFF FOR A WHILE AND RECORED STARIGHT AWAY FROM WHEN I TURNED IT ON AND BOTH MY COPIES CAME OUT FINE CHEERS EVERY ONE WHO GAVE ME ADVICE HOPE FULLY I CAN HELP OTHERS OUT WITH MY ADVICE AS IVE READ NEARL EVERY THREAD I THINK WHY I WAS SOMTIMES TAPING OK THEN IT WOULDNT IT WAS BECAUSE I HAD A LOT OF BAD SECTORS ON MY HD THEE STILL THERE BUT HEY

12. jay33

jay33 Regular member

Using dvd decrypter, after you have ripped the game adn it's on your HD, look for the ISO file when you want to burn. Don't worry about the other file for the game, just burn th eISO file and you are good to go.