1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decripter w/RipIt4Me problem/question

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dshark56, Sep 21, 2007.

1. dshark56

dshark56 Member

I would really appreciate any advice please. I had a big bad Virus in my machine and I beat it back finally by using the XP System Restore and using a save point from Aug 6th, and I wiped out the monster.

Suddenly I am getting an error each time RipIt4Me opens DVD Decripter and its maddening. I Cant figure it out.

It says: DeviceIoControl(IOCTL_STORAGE_MCN_CONTROL)Failed! Device:{o:2:0} Lite-on, (E:) (ATA) Unable to enable media change notification. Reason: The parameter is incorrect. ???? AT this point the whole process that use to move forward smoothly, Slams to a stop until I tell Decripter to ignore the messages and go on.

Help!! Is it some setting that has changed? Thanks for any input anyone can give me to figure this out. Can anyone walk me through correcting what went wrong??

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

This is either a device problem or a copy protection problem. Seeing as though R4M won't be getting any more support I would move on the next best thing in DVDFab HD Decrypter. Rip your movie to your HDD first using this and then proceed with DVD Shrink as usual. Make sure the firmware for your burner is up to date by checking the manufacturers website.

You should be using the default settings in R4M at any rate so no settings should have been tinkered with.

3. dshark56

dshark56 Member

Thank you for your advice. Although I wont be taking it.

I fixed the problem myself and RipIt4Me is working with Decripter without the error message. The problem was a device glich and not Either of the programs. So I will continue to use the Best Combo out there.

Thanks

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Glad you got it sorted.