1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by TMcCallie, May 11, 2004.

1. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

Latest vs. of both programs.
    I want to back up a movie and do not want to include the previews that some rental companies have before the feature movie.
    I want to be able to select the Audio option and subtitle language.

How do I do that.

I have read several guides and still not sure how to do it.

I know I can decrypt the Movie only but that does not give me the menu to allow me to set up the audio and subtitles and languages.

Thanks

2. brian100

brian100 Guest

TMcCallie

You can use shrink in "reauthor mode" to simply drag the items you require to achieve the structure you require. The audio & subtitles can then accessed via your DVD player handset.

OR

You can't do a selective "strip" with DVDshrink & maintain a working menu. It aint possible. If you really want to achieve THIS end result you are going to have to learn a few app's. The good thing is, they are all free, or donationware.

These titles include DVDstripper (preferred)or Vobblanker or Titlesetblanker. Please see the download links and guides as posted below. It looks difficult, i know, but trust me it isnt. Patience is all that is needed, plus a good bottle of wine always helps.

If you decide to adopt the any method as indicated below, it is STRONGLY advised to test your new DVD structure fully with a good software DVD player PRIOR to burning. For the record i use PowerDVD for this task.

DVDstripper (freeware) you can get it here :-

http://dvd.box.sk/index.php?pid=dvdr_soft&prj=info&pol=0&rid=7771

and you can see a guide here :-

http://www.dvdstripper.com/

and if you have trouble installing or find you have missing files you can read an faq here :-

http://www.dvdrbase.com/showthread.php?s=bc8e3c79145636d8bd2ee6b6e42b4b9d&t=33795

Titlesetblanker (freeware) you can get it here (sometimes!!) but the link appears to be down at the moment !!

http://shh.dvdboard.de/titlesetblanker.html

ps if you spoke nice & did some minor grovelling you could PM me & I will mail it to you!!

Vobblanker (freeware) you can get it here :-

http://www.posunplugged.com/jsoto/

and if you need a guide you can find it here:-

http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~yyyyyy/vob_blanker/vob_blanker.html

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]On Initial Viewing My Backup Looked Terrible,
    But With One Eye Closed It Aint Half Bad!![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2004
  3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi TMcCallie

hmmmm, the way I read that,your copying rented movies,tell me this isnt so pls.

4. brian100

brian100 Guest

Jim

I buy most of my DVD's form the rental outlets after they have been pre-viewed, im a classic cheapskate you see!! . Normally get some bargains, you should give it a try. Well worth a go!

5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hey brian
    oh ok,nothing wrong with being thrifty!

sorry,TMcCallie
    I apologize.

Thanks for the tip brian ill look into it next time im looking for new dvds

blaze on clubbers
    jim

6. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

Jim,
    Blockbusters now have very new releases for 2 for 20.00 which is 10.00 each and a good price for a good movie. The only problem is they have previews of upcoming movies that you do not want tol include in your backup.

Also Movie Gallery has the same deal except cheaper.

You should try it some times.

Tom

7. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

Brian, I was able to download DVD Stripper along with the guide.

Thanks

I will give it a whirl just as soon as HP replaces my 300i which bit the dust. I finally convinced them that my drive was bad.

Tom

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Bet that took a while!

Just wanted to add another vote that DVD Stripper is a really cool app and well worth messing with :)

9. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

To Nephilim,
    Yes it took some time to convince HP that my drive was bad. It would not recognize a RW disc after it had been written. Would write it fine but would not recognize it after it was written.

My main problem was the drive was bought 8/12/03 and they were trying to tell me that it was out of warranty. They said it was not registered in my name.
    I had sent off the warranty card but did not have the receipt for some reason or another.
    I had to go all the way to their Corp. office because I got transferred to India every time I called tech support.
    I was able to get HP to assign me a personal case manager from North America to help me from now on.
    The tech. in India does not have the data base concerning warranties loaded down so they say and was claiming that my drive was not under warranty.

Long story short, I got it handled to my satisfaction and a new drive is on it's way.

I had a NEC 2500A which I had bought and not installed yet just in case they would not make my HP good.

I will put the NEC on my wife's machine.

Thanks for this forum and all it's helpful information.

10. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

Notice that some of forum participants are useing
    DVD Decrypter/DVD Shrink/ Img Tools

Why do you need Img Tools?
    Does it do something that Decrypter and Shrink does not?