1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd decrypter and dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mmafan, Mar 29, 2007.

1. mmafan

mmafan Member

iam using dvd decrypter to decrypt the dvd and save on my hard drive, is that what that is for? Then do I use dvd shrink to burn the dvd saved to a blank dvd-r?

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

To use DVD_Decrypter and DVD_Shrink on today's movies, may I suggest RipIt4Me. It uses both of these programs.
    DVD_Shrink does not burn. It will do it's best to get the files to fit on your disc. You can select many different options to achieve your goal such as removing languages and extras that you don't need and will transcode your files so it will fit.
    Once you have everything the way you want and are ready for burning, may I suggest ImgBurn. It created by the author of DVD_Decrypter. It's burning engine is much better than Decrypter especially with some of today's newer drives. The site for ImgBurn is down at the moment but you can get it here.

3. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

4. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Lets not forget another very good free app that will also do, DVDFab decrypter. You can use it to rip the video files to your hard drive, then open the files using shrink and use it as you normally would to create a backup of your DVD.

DVDFab
    http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DECRYPTER

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I'll have to agree with dialysis 1 and Bowler and go along with Bowler's recommendation of bbmayo's guide. It includes a link to an all in one installer that gets the programs set up. Once set up the system is seamless with one program opening the files in the next. Not only is RipIt4Me one of the most powerful decryption tools, Shrink is a good transcoder and ImgBurn does a good job of burning. It's easy for a beginner and powerful enough to please the experienced. A plus is the revised version of Shrink that supports ImgBurn.