1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter and DVDPro locking up

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Dominoe, May 4, 2004.

1. Dominoe

Dominoe Guest

I've burned a few movies now and had no troubles until yesterday. I open DVD Decrypter with no problem, it recognizes what I want to burn and where I want it to burn to, I hit the green arrow and it takes me to window that shows the burning process (buffers and what-not) but then it freezes. I have to go into Task Manager to shut it down. Every time I close it it asks me if I want to send an error report to Microsoft. I opened up DVDPro to see if maybe it's not recognizing some hardware and the same thing happens. I'm having no problem with DVD Shrink though. I'm wondering if it's the "Sasser" virus I've read about. Any ideas anyone ?

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Are you using the latest DVD Decrypter {3.2.2.0] as it is known to have slight bug(s)

Revert back to previous version & all should be okay.

As to virus , no-one here can say ... do a virus scan :mad:
    And DVDPro I've never used so I wont make any mention as to it's possible good or bad points.

3. Dominoe

Dominoe Guest

Thanks Herbsman ! I went home for lunch and decided to use 2.4x speed on the write mode on Decrypter instead of max to see if maybe it would work (also turned off Burn-Proof option). Well it was working when I left (had to leave it running since I only get an hour for lunch) so I won't know if it totally worked until I get home. Can't see how these adjustments will fix my problem seeing how I never had problems before. I also hate to hear about the bugs on the new Decrypter since it's the one I have. Oh well thanks again, I'll let you know how it goes.

4. herbsman

yeah do let us know how it goes , and I'll try & help if you're still having troubles !

(I dont know if DVD Decrypter site has older version for d/l still but if not then PM me).

5. Dominoe

Dominoe Guest

Well everything is "ripping" right along with no problems so far. I'm back on track. Thanks again Herbsman !!

6. herbsman

Excellent news mate :)