1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter Brute Force Cracking Failed

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gavindoc, Jan 13, 2005.

1. gavindoc

gavindoc Member

Hi, I am using the settings that scubapete posted including the brute force>io key exchange one. Quite often I get brute force cracking failed and u click ok and it uses the io key exchange option and it works. I'm now wondering if maybe the default option of io key exchange>brute force would be better but i assume there is a reason for scubapete posting that;)

Or is there a way to stop decrypter from telling u that brute force cracking failed and making u click ok before trying io key exchange as this is annoying when u go away and come back to see that it is waiting for u to click ok before continuing.

2. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

you can try and "tick" the "Ignore Read Errors"

on the I/O tab in settings.....

i had this and some other errors show up in dvddecypter on some of the new movies such as
    LBB and Paparazzi, i clicked IGNORE and dvddecypter kept on going, had no affect on
    the back up movie...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  3. gavindoc

gavindoc Member

The disks copy absolutely fine when I click the OK button. It then uses the io key exchange option as the second thing to do(brute force>io key exchange). The thing is that if i set it off and go away for dinner expecting it to be finished when i come back it's sitting there waiting for me to click ok on "brute force cracking failed. There were no vulnerable blocks." Trying to get it to automatically carry on without telling me lol

Thxs for replying :)

4. swervin

swervin Regular member

I had mine set to Brute Force -> I/O Key Exchange also. I kept getting the pop ups saying Brute Force failed and could click OK and all would be fine. But like you, I had to keep going back to the computer to make sure it was still working. I read somewhere on here to set it to the default setting of I/O Key Exchange -> Brute Force. I put it back to default and haven't had a single problem since.

Mike

5. gavindoc

gavindoc Member

OK, thxs for that. Now i know it's not just me! Have set it to the default one (io key exchange>brute force) and it ripped the 2 dvds with no popups which was nice as i could just leave them running :)

6. swervin

swervin Regular member

Good deal. Glad it worked for you.

Mike