1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter -> Brute Force for CSS - Can't Make Region Free DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by robut222, Jun 11, 2003.

1. robut222

robut222 Guest

I've got drive locked to Region 1. I don't care to play my Region 3 DVD on my PC. Just want to burn a region free disk so I can play it on my standalone DVD player. My understanding is that DVD Decrypter does this already, but it still doesn't work. I noticed the CSS setting default is "I/O Key Exchange -> Brute Force". I set it to just "Brute Force" and ended up making another coaster. Am I doing something wrong here?

Some more background: The Region 3 DVDs are Friends box sets I bought off of eBay. I want to burn DVDs I can watch on my Region 1 standalone DVD player. Any tips? TIA.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2003
  2. robut222

robut222 Guest

Forgot to mention that the Region 3 Friends DVDs are already DVD5, so I didn't need to use my DVD2One.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2003
  3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

4. robut222

robut222 Guest

Turns out I don't need to make my DVD drive region free. I finally copied a region 3 DVD without making my region 1 DVD drive region-free. DVDDecrypter did what it was suppose to do. I was just pulling my hair out for nothing because the first region 3 DVD that I tried just wasn't working. The next subsequent region 3 DVDs that I tried worked! Everyone's advice was wrong, but I appreciate the effort. I guess I must be the only one who doesn't care to play multi-region DVDs on my computer. Anyone know where to go to get specific resolutions for difficult DVDs to backup? I think I saw a forum somewhere, but if you could point me in the right direction again, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2003