Hi everyone. I've been a lurker for a while, but now have a question that I couldn't find an answer to while searching. Anyway... I've been ripping and burning DVDs for a couple of years now, and I've been having trouble for the last month. When I go to burn a DVD, the buffers start to fill up during the lead in, then drop to 0 or slightly above for the duration of the burn. I used to burn at max speed with the buffers full. Now it takes 35-40 minutes to burn a full single layer disk. The disks turn out fine, and play in my DVD player, but I don't like that it takes so long. Ripping goes fine, same speed as ever. My system is like 4 years old now. It's an Athlon XP 3000+ with an NEC ND-2500A (according to Nero InfoTool) burner. It is a DVD+-R/RW single layer drive. Nothing has changed except I added a better video card 3 or 4 months ago (that didn't affect the burning at the time, so I doubt that's it). Also, I defragged the hard drive a couple weeks ago hoping that would help, but it didn't. I also cleaned up the drive a little, freeing up around 30 GB now (more than enough for a full rip and then the ISO created to burn. One other thing. I have been using DVD Decrypter to burn ISOs for a while. Again, nothing has changed in the way I burn disks. In fact I used the same media before this happened, and tried it again (from teh same spindle even) and that didn't help. I really don't know what is up, I'd love some help! Thanks everyone!