1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter creating VOBs with loud white noise

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by mrparker, Aug 19, 2007.

1. mrparker

mrparker Member

Hi all,

I am having some problems with a DVD that I am trying to get into DivX format so that I can have it on my Archos MultiMedia Player.

Currently I am using the following software:
    - DVD Decrypter v3.5.4.0
    - DivX Converter (most up to date version)

I have converted multiple DVDs this way, and haven't had a problem until now.

For one particular DVD, I am not getting the audio that is on the DVD, but instead I am getting very loud white noise. The interesting part of this is that this is not for the whole DVD, and some parts I can convert normally.

I have done the following so far:
    - IFO mode / File Splitting by Chapter - Approximately 6 of the 17 chapters are decoded succesfully, the remaining 11 are white noise (random chapters affected, I cannot see any correlation)
    - IFO mode / File Splitting by 1GB - Converts to 4 VOBs, the first is white noise, the rest are fine.
    - IFO mode / File Splitting None - Single VOB with white noise throughout

Has anyone had a similar problem, and more importantly, does anyone know why this is happening and what can be done to remedy this.

Many thanks

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

At first I would assume this to be a hardware issue or a codec issue. But since you point out that This doesn't happen throughout the whole movie I doubt it is either of those things. I would recommend downloading and installing DVDFab Decrypter, a program much like DVD Decrypter except that it is still be developed/updated and that it can remove more types of copy protection then DVD Decrypter can. It rips the movie just like DVD Decrypter does in IFO mode. So I would try converting the movie again but ripping it with DVDFab Decrypter.