1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd decrypter,dvd2one &nero

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by b18jjrk, Jul 25, 2003.

1. b18jjrk

b18jjrk Member

thanks to anyone one for there help as this set up works a treat...cheers oriphus etc...

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

No probs, glad you found a combination that suits you. Best of luck and happy burning,

Chris

3. b18jjrk

b18jjrk Member

yes it,s first class & very easy to use ,once you get the hang of it,,cheers..

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

It's the method I've successfully used for many moons & I do wonder why ppl have problems sometimes as it is ... very easy [once you know]

5. karatone

karatone Regular member

I'm having trouble with the decrypter on one of my machines,after selecting the files needed,it refuses to fully complete 100% it gets just to the end of the process and stops at like 97% then when I try to close the program or stop it, my machine locks up,but after re-booting the files are saved and seemed to be complete in my temp DVD folder,they play without problem from my HD using Power dvd,but I'm not sure why it gets stuck,my other machine completes the selection of files and plays the little confirmation song at the end with no problems ,what could the problem be,both of these machines are running XP pro and have 80 gb. drives,anyone have this problem? after I fix this problem I will be using the same three programs you guys are using,any tips would be helpful, thanks

6. herbsman

It sounds like it'll be down to hardware config...
    Are you running DMA on/off on both DVD drives (seperate machines) , or are you perhaps Primary on one machine & Secondary on the other ..?

7. karatone

karatone Regular member

okay now I've cleared up all the other issues and I'm getting great results using these three programs,but I'd like to know how to use full disc mode on dvd2one,when I tried it gave me an error message saying that it was missing files or files were not complete. I'd like to know how to use this mode cause at the moment i'm only using movie-only mode. I want to learn how to use decrypter to rip all the needed files for full disc mode,could someone help me out on the correct procedures, thanks

8. herbsman

I'll start w/ the software SmartRipper cos it's easier to explain w/out sitting here typing away for 20 minutes (incl. DVD Decrypter settings)
    Open SmartRipper > hit FILE > then hit the tab ALL > set your destination folder (empty) > start

That simple...

9. karatone

karatone Regular member

Herbsman ,thanks for the advice but I've never used Smartripper before. Is there a guide posted that i could use to find the needed info. without having to ask you to type your fingers into a bloody mess (lol)? I appreciate your help on these matters,thanks bud (hemp)

10. herbsman

11. herbsman

12. karatone

karatone Regular member

Hey Herbsman, I've got another question for ya' :I've backed -up nearly fifty dvds to this point,and on just a few of these I've encountered strange problems just at the end of the movie,for instance,Boogie Nights would get to near the end and just lock-up in my Samsumg tabletop player,and on another dvd Ice Age would start making strange audio noises near the end. I was thinking it may because these movies were rentals and had some smudges or something on the Original disc,but wouldn't one of the programs find an error and hault the project ? Would these programs allow a disc that's not perfect to be processed? or is it burn speed? any advice would be helpful. Thanks Bud!

13. herbsman

It's nearly always media or as you say burn speed my friend !

14. karatone

karatone Regular member

I haven't used the latest Nero 6 yet ,before I do, I was trying to get an opinion of the newer version. What are the benifits of using this over the older 5.something version? If this new version is better at handling my DVD duties it may be of interest, any advice would be helpful, thanks

15. herbsman

I wouldnt bother yet , the new Nero Ultra Edition is okay but it has some bugs.
    If you are burning w/ Nero 5.5.10.42 in a perfect manner then dont worry just yet.
    Although Nero Vision Express 2 seems to be okay...

Still checking it as thoroughly as I can : )

16. karatone

karatone Regular member

Thanks for the info. Herbsman! keep us posted with any new tips

17. j_stirlo

j_stirlo Member

karatone, I had the same problems (errors finding files) using DVD2one in full disc mode. I was using DVDDecrypt in file mode but you have to select Tools > settings > File Mode and under File spitting select "By File". This will make multiple VOB's instead of the one big VOB you were probably getting before.
    Good luck!!