1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD DECRYPTER : DVD2ONE sound problem

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by grayghost, Feb 22, 2003.

1. grayghost

grayghost Guest

I have been backing up DVD's to VCD's for about a year now using TMPGEnc. I recently got a Sony DRU-500a burner and was hoping to back up DVD to DVD-R(RW)'s. I have spent several days trying a variety of softwares trying to do this and thus far have only successfully made to backups, both using DVD DECRYPTER and IFOEDIT. I can back up DVD-5s with no problem. I can back up DVD-9s to 2 DVD-5s with no problem. I have however not been able to backup a DVD-9 to one DVD-5 using DVD2ONE. It seems that when I rip in File Mode with DVD DECRYPTER I don't get any sound. I don't think it is a DVD2ONE problem. I checked the sound tracks when running DVD DECRYPTER. Any advice that anyone could give me on backing up DVDs in general or how to clear up the problem I mentioned above would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2003
  2. motions1

motions1 Member

After working long and hard on this problem, I have found that DVD2one only works with audio encoded at 384kbs. If a movie has an audio track with a bitrate other than 384kbs, (i.e. 192kbs), DVD2one will not include the audio in the VOB files.

3. corwin49

corwin49 Member

How can you tell if the movie is encoded in 384kbs. We've had problems checking the AC6.1 and getting audio to work. Usually there is only 2 choices for audio. 2ch or AC6.1. Will checking both work for us. I could't back up my Paul McCarney, audio wise, no matter what I did. Same for the Eagles. Is there some that just won't work properly?

4. motions1

motions1 Member

The one way I found is to use DVD2AVI and demux video and audio to seperate files. The AC3 file name will have the bitrate in it. You have to do this anyway if DVD2one doesn't work and you have to re-encode.

5. SpeciesX

SpeciesX Guest

Well all these probs u lot having with this sony drive i will stick 2 my ASUS dvd burners no probs there with that 1