1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter Error Message

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Mumbles19, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Mumbles19

Mumbles19 Member

I use DVD Decrypter to burn my dvd to my comp then to burn it to a DVD-R. As soon as it's completed I get an error message. It makes no sense to me so if anyone knows why this is happening orwhat it means i'd greatly appreciate it. Also, After it's done burning I can find the file i saved it as. Only when I go to write it, I select the file then go to up to click write and it won't let me. If this makes no sense just say so and I'll try to explain again! Thanks~!

2. Mumbles19

Mumbles19 Member

Also, I just got this new computer , a compaq presario that has a built in DVD+RW /CDRW combo drive. I was trying to transfer the file to a dvd-r..should i try burning it to a dvd+r???

3. Mumbles19

Mumbles19 Member

For anyone that may be able to help, this is what my log says on my dvd decrypter:
    I 18:06:33 DVD Decrypter Version 3.1.9.0 started!
    I 18:06:33 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 1)
    W 18:06:33 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support files > 4 GB
    I 18:06:33 Initialising SPTI...
    I 18:06:33 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
    I 18:06:33 Found 1 CD-ROM and 1 DVD+RW!
    W 18:06:37 RCE Protection Found!
    W 18:06:37 If this disc is not Region 1, you will need to configure 'RCE Protection Region' in the settings.
    W 18:06:37 Set it to the region shown on the disc's cover/case/box.
    W 18:06:37 [2:0:0] HP DVD Writer 300c 9h04 (F:) - Media region code is mismatched to logical unit region!
    W 18:07:47 RCE Protection Found!
    W 18:07:47 If this disc is not Region 1, you will need to configure 'RCE Protection Region' in the settings.
    W 18:07:47 Set it to the region shown on the disc's cover/case/box.
    W 18:07:47 [2:0:0] HP DVD Writer 300c 9h04 (F:) - Media region code is mismatched to logical unit region!

...and i have no idea what any of it means!! lol gaaaahh

4. Psychtrip

Psychtrip Member

Is your D drive the burner or a partition on your hard drive. If it is a partition, you should format it to NTFS, not FAT32, to solve the problem with >4GB files. If it is your burner, I could not help, but there are many experts here that can help, just be patient and post some system specs and software you use. Good luck.

5. Psychtrip

Psychtrip Member

Also you need to find out exactly what media your burner supports and dont go out buying the cheap stuff, trust me, it sucks.

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

1st, don't worry about the fat32 thing. Secondly, are you trying to rip in file or iso mode?

7. Mumbles19

Mumbles19 Member

First of all what's a partition? I did the D-Drive Thang and changed it from FAT32 to the other thing. I reinstalled the program several times and i'm still having problems. As soon as I put in the dvd i want to rip I get an I/O message saying my logical region is messed up and at the bottom it says abort retry ignore. Plus there's a bunch of letters and 0's that make no sense. I also asked when I got my comp what kind of media to use and they said i'd just have to try everything out. Right now i have memorex DVD-R's. and trust me they weren't cheap! :)I'm a little concerned though because it says it's a dvd+rw that I wont be able to rip DVD-r/ or DVD+r. I rip in ISO mode, not file. Thanks for all your help so far!

8. edcook

edcook Member

Sounds like you need to check the DVD Decrypter Support Forum. Click ot the link to the forum in the Help menu of DVD Decrypter. You can get your answers from the man who wrote the program. One word of advice: read the guides postedon the forum before you start asking questions. You may find your own solution.

9. Mumbles19

Mumbles19 Member

My boyfriend has dvd decrypter on his own comp. I know exactly how to use it. The problem with mine is that it keeps coming up with different error messages. I've already read all the info on how to use it and whatnot. I'm just trying to find out if the media i'm using now isn't compatible with my burner, or if it's something else.