1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter Error msg PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by scathe18, Sep 29, 2002.

1. scathe18

scathe18 Member

This is my firt time to use the dvd dycrypter to copy my dvds. I am using a hp 200i and everything went fine until the burning when it had an error saying the the medium is not formatted. What does this mean? Is there any way to fix the problem? Can I burn it using another software like nero?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. truffolo

truffolo Member

If you have RW media, then you should format it first or erase the disk using on of the burning programs.

Decrypter in ISO mode does it for you, but you must use their ISO read 1st to get the file. This works for me on +RW and almost worked on +R, but they have one bug to fix.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2002
  3. truffolo

truffolo Member

If you have RW media, then you should format it first or erase the disk using on of the burning programs.

Decrypter in ISO mode does it for you, but you must use their ISO read 1st to get the file. This works for me on +RW and almost worked on +R, but they have one bug to fix.

4. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

Scathe18, Did you have any issues playing your files in IFO edit? I have the same burner in my hp and I had to download the firmware update in order to burn anything. But I was splitting dvds. I haven't done a str8 copy with the hp, since everything worth backing takes 2 dvd media.
    And you WILL have to download the firmware when you start splitting. It can be found at hp.com/support and click in downloads and type in your writer and it'll be the last download. a 3.51mb file, that says firmware. If not, whatever software you use to burn will not recognize ANYTHING(dvd media) you put in your drive.

5. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

I've been using the hp +r media. I have yet to use +rw.

6. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

I would suggest using recordnow Max. Your Hp should have come with RecordNow factory installed. Go to their website and download the MAX for $24(upgrade price). W/o max you can't burn, even though recordnow has the datadisc option. Max worked fine with my machine. I have a 772n.