1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter Error - Please Help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by slavlazar, Sep 29, 2004.

1. slavlazar

slavlazar Member

Im trying to backup an overseas DVD. I already did one and it came out perfect.
    Now on my next one, I tried using shrink and it gave me an error. So i proceeded to use dvd decrypter to make an ISO and burn it. It has reached 97% and it is throwing me this error:
    DVD Decrypter Log
    -------------------------
    I/O Error!
    Device: [0:1:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-108 1.10(G:)
    ASPI SRB Status: 0x04
    Interpretation: SRB Completed With Error
    Host Adapter Status: 0x00
    Interpretation: Host Adapter Did Not Detect An Error
    Target Status: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition
    CDB: 28 00 00 22 00 70 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read [10] - Sector: 2228336
    Sense Area: F0 00 08 00 22 00 70 0E 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 5E 02 00 03 02 FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: No Additional Sense Information
    Abort Retry Ignore
    ---------------------

Anyone got any clue?
    I've been hitting retry for the past 15 times it keeps coming up. I have 0 Read Errors and 240 Retries.
    Whenever I hit retry, the disk isn't even retrying, it just sits there and the retry meter on dvd decrypter keeps counting up.
    Should I keep retrying or what do I do?
    Any help highly appreciated!
    Thanks

2. slavlazar

slavlazar Member

Also quickly, the dvd shrink error it gives me is:
    DVD Shrink has encountered an error and cannot continue.
    Invalid data in file "G:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_06_01.VOB"
    ----------
    And when using decrypter, it freezes on this file too.
    Can something be done with IFOEdit to fix it?
    Can i burn the dvd without this file??
    Thanks

3. slavlazar

slavlazar Member

4. adw

adw Guest

sorry but mine works cant help buddy

5. bruwery

bruwery Member

I'm having the same problem with overseas DVD's - I think in my case they came from the Phillipines. About 15% of them bomb out during the backup process due to unreadable sectors, although most of them seem to play okay.

I've tried varying combinations of DVDShrink, DVD Decryptor and Nero to no avail.

I'm interested to see if anyone has a solution for these. However, the moral of the story - for me - is no more imports.

6. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

@adw:
    You need to stop responding to threads just to tell people you can't answer their question.

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

There seems to be a growing trend to prevent DVD backup by using unreadable sectors or hard copy read errors.

There are however ways to circumvent this method.

One is to use a slower read, even at 1x, if your DVD-ROM drive won't do it, try using your burner to read it.

Another way is there are settings in decrypter to make your rip more aggressive. here are a few as posted by my good buddy Pete:

DVD Decrypter can handle even the toughest of encryptions - Don't ever give up on DVD Decrypter, try the following little "adjustments" -

Step 1. In DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings", and then whatever you're using either the File Mode tab OR the ISO Read Mode tab and "tick" "Remove PUO's" - try either the IFO, BUP, PUO's OR the VOB PUO's

Step 2. In DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings", General tab, on the bottom left it will say "Removal Method" choose "Aggressive".

Step 3. in DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings" then choose the CSS tab, under CSS Cracking Method, mark the spot that says "Brute Force -> I/O Exchange".

Finally AnyDvd has a new setting called "copy protection based on unreadable sectors", check this box when encountering such errors. AnyDvd has a free 21 day trial, then it costs 39.00/. It is well worth the price as it runs in the background completely on automatic with nothing to operate. It also works for burning on the fly without writing to the HD 1st..

Using any or all or a combination of these means will usually get around the problem, good luck.....:>).

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004
  8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

oops, sorry double post, hey vurbal, that's as bad as couldn't help, huh? ;>) LOL
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004