1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter Error when burning

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by MultiCopr, Nov 5, 2004.

1. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

I am trying to backup my ps2 games and so far I have had no problems until recently. I bought a 30 pack of memorex dvd-r's and tried to burn the image and it gave me this error.....

W 03:53:11 [1:1:0] _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A 1.07 (R:) (ATAPI) - Selected Write Speed: 2,770 KB/s (2x)
    W 03:53:11 [1:1:0] _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A 1.07 (R:) (ATAPI) - Actual Write Speed: 1,352 KB/s (1x)
    E 03:53:19 Failed to Reserve Track! - Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
    E 03:53:20 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:09
    I 03:53:20 Average Write Rate: N/A - Maximum Write Rate: N/A

I looked on my other memorex dvd-r's that I already burned images to and I dont see a single difference between the ones I just bought and the ones I bought a couples weeks ago. Both were from walmart same packaging and everything. Any ideas what this could be?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the problem with memorex is they don't make there own discs they buy from who ever will sell them at the right price at the right time, so recomend you get your self a program somthing like dvdinfopro and use that to see who actualy made your media

3. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

Dangit that means these 30 might be useless? I am noticing the color is different from my old ones, new ones are a bit purpleish.

4. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

I am not sure how to test it to see who REALY made these. I see I can compare and the media ID is the same but I am not sure how to tell who made the dvd-r.

5. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

AHHHH I see now....they are friggin different....lol. The one that works is realy ritekG05 and the one that doesnt work is CMC MAG. AE1. How can I rectify this so I can get some working dvd-r's??? I guess I will start using a different brand so I know it is there actual brand and it works. WOW and I just ordered 100 online....should I return them, get my money back and buy a different brand since the memorex's have a chance not to work and then Id be stuck with 100.....I am realy starint to hate memorex now....haha.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2004
  6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

now you see what the problem with memorex is and why a lot of forum members won't use them

p.s. change the IMG in your sig to img to get your pic to display

7. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

Is imation good. I have used them before with not problems that I can think of but I dont know anymore cause I thought memorex was a good one also....lol

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

to be honest i have never used imation dvdr discs so can't realy say if they are any good or not

9. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

What do you use and do they work 99% of the time?

10. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

Well I just tried to burn a movie to these memorex dvd-r's from walmart and same error so they are COMPLETELY USELESS!!!!! Time to return them to walmart!!!!!!!!!