1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by PhEagles, Jan 10, 2007.

1. PhEagles

PhEagles Member

hi all.
    I just got a burner and was not sure if there is any compatability problems with other programs.

The drive is a maddog md16x3dvd9-8x. I got a 25 pack of 16x staples dvd-r. ( expensive at $14.95 for 25)

I have read and printed the guide for shrink/dvd encrypter ( sticky on this forum).

After Shrink has done its thing and DVD encrypter is ready to go. I put in a blank and get the following msg:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/sum2blvin/dvdencryptermsg.jpg

Then I get this one after I click yes.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/sum2blvin/i-oerror.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

You are trying to put more on the disc than the capacity of the disc will allow.

Here are some guides for you....

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/Guides/alkohol_guide2.html
    http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/Guides/Shrink_Decrypter_Guide.html

DVD shrink and DVD Decrypter are a little dated to do the new movies that are coming out and need the help of the program in the first guide. The second guide is a basic guide to help you figure out the controls of the two programs that you are currently trying to use.

3. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

if u follow this guide by Alkohol u should be able to backup any dvd.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/334154

Not the best media u can use too, u can get the best media for around 30-40 cent a disk too. which are Taiyo Yudens, or Verbatims

Also, to fix ur problem u can change the output size in dvd shrink for it to be able to fit on the blank media, but if i was u i would use the guide by alkohol OR use RipIt4Me, heres a guide for that too.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/360110

4. PhEagles

PhEagles Member

Trying guide 2 now. Thanks.

300bowler, I did adjust the size down to 4200 and still got the msg. Thanks for the replies guys!

5. LOCOENG

Good luck and happy burning.

6. PhEagles

PhEagles Member

Using this guide: http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/Guides/alkohol_guide2.html I was able to get a good copy. I assumed it would be region free, as it said it was in one of those progress screens. I forgot to mention it was a region 2 DVD ( amazon didn't have it labeled as such) and have only been able to play this DVD on the pc.

I tried it on 2 DVD players. A sony and a Magnavox, sont says region limitation, magnavox says disk error. Plays on pc fine though. I dunno if those players mentioned will play region FREE or only region 1.

Is a program available to change from region 1 to region 2?

Thanks

7. LOCOENG

DVD Shrink can make your copy region free....

[​IMG]

8. PhEagles

PhEagles Member

I am pretty sure that was check as region free. Hate to be a pain, but if I choose region 1 ( it is a region 2 DVD) will that change it properly?

Thanks in advance. ^^

9. LOCOENG

Check the box that says Region Free and it won't matter what region you are in. If you check Region 1 your backup should come out as Region 1 and only work in Region 1.

10. PhEagles

PhEagles Member

Well I tried region free and region 1. With my Sony DVD player says region limitations and goes to the next disk ( it is a 5 disk player). The magnavox says disk error. Plays on the pc fine and anydvd was turned off. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

I think I will have to be resigned to playing that DVD on the pc. ( I have 2 backups now lol! )

11. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Well, then there's something wrong with your DVD players. I can honestly say that whenever I used DVD Shrink or DVDFab Decrypter to make it Region Free, 100% of all my backups played and still plays beautifully on 3/all of my DVD Players: Samsung, Philips (Region Free) and Shinco (Region Free).

12. LOCOENG

I also have a Sony 5 disc carousel changer and all of my backups work flawlessly for region 1. What Region are you in?

13. PhEagles

PhEagles Member

I am in Region 1. i'm going to try a region 1 dvd and see if I have the same problem.

14. PhEagles

PhEagles Member

Burned 2 region 1 dvd no problems with this method. They play in both dvd players. I guess I need to find another method for backing up a region 2 into a region 1/free.

The image quality is great this way. much better then clone dvd. :)

15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Just noticed the thread. I guess I got here late. The problem may be that Region 2 normally uses the PAL format and Region 1 uses NTSC. So with the PAL video format, the video won't play on the region 1 NTSC equipment. It works both ways. To play on the region 1 equipment the PAL has to be converted to NTSC. Nero has Nero Vision 4 that does a good job. VSO has ConvertXtoDVD. I did a movie a couple of weeks back that came out good with both apps. The DVD wasn't available in Region 1 and I could only find it in Region 2. So, it's a simple matter once you know what you're up against. I ripped with AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter, converted, and then encoded and burned. Nice thing about AnyDVD, it eliminates the problem of different region codes.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  16. PhEagles

PhEagles Member

Could I get a more detailed description , I am new to backups and not 100% clear on your method. Thanks!!!!!!

17. PhEagles

PhEagles Member

Let me rephrase that. I get the programs you mentioned, just a more detailed description of the order/program used for each step please.

Thanks again.

18. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Since you're using a Region 2 DVD, the first thing that comes into play is the region code. That's handled by both AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter. CSS cracking is turned off when using Decrypter with AnyDVD along with unchecking Check For Structure Protection. That's under Tools\Settings. In this case AnyDVD is handling the region code and decryption and Decrypter is doing the ripping to the hard drive. (AnyDVD has it's own ripper incorporating FixVTS, but I prefer my own methods. I was doing it before AnyDVD added the ripper and it's worked okay for me.) With the files decrypted and ripped to the hard drive, they're region free and hopefully clear of copy protection. If there's any doubt, process with FixVTS with FullDVD selected. Then use an app like Nero Vision 4 or ConvertXtoDVD to convert from PAL to the NTSC format. If further compression is needed to fit your target media, use a good transcoder of your choice. There's different selections in the conversion software, but there is a wizard type interface that helps you along.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  19. PhEagles

PhEagles Member

I have made 2 copies. 1 with convertXtoDVD other with Vision 4. Both have their quirks but play in the living room.

I can finally watch the Corrs at Landsdowne road on my living room player. :)

20. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

When I do movie conversions, I get a couple of items and the main movie. On the last one all that was lost was the menus, there wasn't any extras to lose. As long as I select the folder with the movie, it plays completely the way it's supposed to. I don't get the menus and chapters that I'm used to with factory DVDs, but if I can watch the movie without interruption I'm happy, especially when the movie isn't available on DVD in my region. I've not really worked with the software that much, just enough to get a good movie copy. There may well be some things I'm missing. I'll have to check into it sometime when I have some time to kill.

Glad to see you finally got a copy that will work on the living room set.