1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter: File Missing After Decryption?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pjcarr, Aug 3, 2011.

1. pjcarr

pjcarr Member

Last night using my trusty old DVD Decrypter I ripped two DVDs to my "G" drive. I checked and there was about 20GB left so I knew there was enough room. For both DVDs I saw that it was being copied/decrypted and when it was done it said, "Operation Successfully Completed." Later when I was organizing my DVD folders I could not find either the ISO image file or ther MDS file for these two DVDs. The folders were empty! I did a search and came up with nothing. I've used this program many times and I've never had a problem. Any idea what could have happened?

2. pjcarr

pjcarr Member

I just tried this again for a third time and the exact same thing happened. One thing I didn't mention was that in all three instances a message popped up saying, "Possible RCE Protection Found! Please select the region shown..." Could this have something to so with it? I mean, this is so weird. I hit the decryption arrow button, I watch it copy and it says "Operation Successfully Completed" but when I check there is nothing in the folder! Now I'm going to try it on another DVD drive and see what happens.

3. pjcarr

pjcarr Member

OK, so I tried my LG DVD drive and it copied it as it normally would. It said "Operation Successfully Completed" and the files were in the folder as they should be. So what's up with my main Samsung drive? Does this has anything to do with the region code? Is there a limit on the number of rips a particular drive can do?

Sorry for all of the self-replies but this thing is driving me crazy!

4. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  5. pjcarr

pjcarr Member

I also have ImgBurn and DVD Shrink if I need them but recently I copied a 2010 and a 2011 DVD with DVD Decrypter and the Samsung drive and it worked perfectly. The DVD that is currently giving me grief is from 2006 so would that still be a copy protection issue?

6. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Imageburn will work only after you have ripped your store bought disk.
    I back my disks up so I can preserve the original.
    DVD Shrink is also old.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_Shrink

I would rather just view the main movie then sit through a bunch of corny coming attractions.

When DVD's were first introduced there was not supposed to be anything on the disk but the main feature and multiple camera angles. Very few disks have either.

MPAA, lie, lie lie lie!

Jeff

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Get up to date man and download free DVDFab and you will be be able to get by most all encryptions.Some movies today aren't heavily encrypted and Shrink might handle it but not many.

http://www.dvdfab.com/hd-decrypter.htm

you can also enjoy AnyDVD - slysoft.com for free trial 21 days. Easiest thing to get by anything but NOT free after trial-buy it you won't be disappointed after trial and also get DVDFab free version too.

8. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Since when will the free version decrypt Blu-ray disks?
    It's crippled garmoon. You have to spend $$ money to get the real deal..

Who wants a 21 day free trial? You have to buy it sooner or later

DVDFab free is useless to me. I no longer purchase DVD's because it is a slow dying format.
    I buy the Blu-Ray module for DVDFab.

Maybe it is time for you to get up to date.;)

Jeff

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Jeffery_P

I was not answering your question. You might want to check the link out at DVDFab about BR. The OP is trying to do today's DVD movies with old almost useless software for encryptions. Free fab will do the movie but it is crippled in the other stuff it's capable of. I own it and it works fine. I also own ANYDVD and use it almost 100% with NeroRecode or Clone DVD without any issues. So when the OP poster asks about BR discs then you can help him- I'm as updated as I want to be right now. There has never been a DVD that I haven't been able to back up-sooner or later.Mostly sooner. ;)

10. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

I have both DVDFab and AnyDVD. When my licenses runs out at the beginning of next year, I'll have to decide which one I will keep. DVDFab is getting very expensive, so I don't know at this point in time.

Yes, if you stay on top of things, chances are you will never burn a coaster.

Jeff

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Jeff I didn't say I never burned a coaster-I have a nice set of them LOL. I said that there has not been a movie that I haven't been able to backup ultimately. I was lucky enough to have bought AnyDVD early on, and have that lifetime. Fab I believe is only $11 a year. I just did 2 yrs of Fab renewal. But none of those will do BR which I have no interest in at present.If I( ever do I will go with AnyDVD which seems to be on top of the game of cat and mouse.