1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter file size...

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by jerrry135, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jerrry135

jerrry135 Member

I have used DVD Decrypter a lot in the past and it has worked great. When my computer crashed I had to reinstall everything and now when I use DVD Decrypter the file sizes are 7.xx Gigabytes instead of the 4.xx Gig they used to be.

Obviously I can't burn files this size - What can I do?!

Thanks.
    jake

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

DVD Decrypter does nothing to the movies. It only rips them to your HD. If you want to make them smaller, use DVD Shrink. Follow the guides at this site. You'll see the guides at the top of this page.

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

It is possible that previously you had DVD Decrypter set up to rip "movie only". Now that you have reinstalled, probably ripping the full disc.

Old times, DVD Decrypter is out dated, time to switch to DVDFab HD Decrypter( find the link in Dialysis' signature)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  5. Styfler77

Styfler77 Guest

I agree. But if you use DVD Shrink. Make sure you take advantage of the free version called DVD Shrink 3.2 But it does not have a burning engine of it's own. So I would install a old version of NERO 6.3.0.3 from edited by ddp and here is the serial number to give you full access to the program "edited by ddp". I would not recommend a newer version of NERO. It does not have compatibility with DVD Shrink 3.2

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2008
  6. Kratos77

Kratos77 Guest

Basically you can't put a serial number up on this site so it's been removed and I guess so has the member.

7. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Are you guys on crank, acid or something?!!
    What's Nero got to do with this thread?! Sending people on a wild goose chase for fake Neros, serials and viruses.
    DVD Decrypter is more than capable of burning. If something else the OP could get for burning, that would be ImgBurn.

So, basically you can put up a serial number and piracy links in a thread(I am sure one is more than able to type in a few numbers/letters), but is definitely advised not to do it,urged against it, unless you take pleasure in having a modertor's boot up your heine.

Styfler
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  8. Kratos77

Kratos77 Guest

No I am not on Crank or acid. I am drinking man. And no I am not drinking right now or when I wrote that. And since when do decrypters themselves burn anything. They decrypt. That's it!!!

9. Kratos77

Kratos77 Guest

None

10. Kratos77

Kratos77 Guest

And I don't think that piracy links should be prohibited. It's piracy enough backing up copies of movie's since most people on here who do it. I'm sure do not own copies of these DVD's. They probably rent or borrow them then copy them and I bet a good percentage of these people. Bootleg them too. I haven't copied any movie's in months myself. Because it gets old after awhile.

11. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

LOL!!Well friend, have one for me too(make it a Heineken, blond:~)!)!!! Keep up the drinking, slow down the writing...DVD Decrypter, one of the best DVD ripping tools that has ever been written, does indeed burn!!!Before ImgBurn, it was one of the main burning engines for DVD Shrink. People still burn to this day with DVD Decrypter. And is not the only decrypter that has a burning engine:~).

And I don't think that piracy links should be prohibited.
    LOL! At this point, probably you don't think.Period.

It's piracy enough backing up copies of movie's since most people on here who do it.
    People back up their originals, not copies.

I'm sure do not own copies of these DVD's.
    Some people don't, they only own the original. Once they made a backup of the original, they will also be owning a copy.

They probably rent or borrow them then copy them and I bet a good percentage of these people. Bootleg them too.

That is based on assumption friend! You know what they say about "assumption", can make an a$$ out of you,and is also the mother of many f@#!k ups! Do not assume!!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Me hears rumblings on the horizon of a thunderstorm.

13. Kratos77

Kratos77 Guest

@cyprusrom I haven't been drinking anything today. But if I do it's usually harder then a Heineken. I only drink when my brother comes down from lexington. And since he lives there. I don't drink much. I do think a lot I am pretty smart when I am not acting stupid. LOL!!!

14. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Kratos77, shut it & you'll not get an apology either!! those sites are not legal because of what they have. post links like that again & you'll pay the consequences with me or any other moderator on this site. don't assume because you already made an ass out of yourself on these threads.

15. Kratos77

Kratos77 Guest

No need to get all Terminator on me, okay!? So are you saying stuff like decrypter and shrinking sites are illegal on this site? Or the other stuff I mentioned? Because I have seen Shrink, decrypters and even nero apear on here before. I just want to know what I am allowed to talk about here and not to talk about here. I don't expect an apology. I never got one in my life from anyone else. Why should you be any different.

16. Kratos77

Kratos77 Guest

Never mind. I can see by all the red ddp's what is legal and not. Sorry ddp. I will apologize to you how about that. Didn't mean to make a ass of myself. Thanx.

17. ddp

teach & learn.

18. Kratos77

Kratos77 Guest

I also like Live And Learn too. Unless it's so bad it's too late, LOL!!! How does one become a moderator, just out of curiosity?

19. ddp

usually by being at addict status which is 2500+ posts, nominated by other mods & asked by drd.

20. Kratos77

Kratos77 Guest

Is this what you do full time? I think stuff like that is awesome.

21. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

I though that in order to become a moderator one also needed to possess the ability to reach through the monitor, grab the knuckleheads posting on AD off their necks, and shake the sand out of their skulls!!