1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD decrypter for dvd's over 4.7g

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by 2.35:1, Sep 26, 2004.

1. 2.35:1

2.35:1 Member

How do you copy DVD's that are over 4.7gb using DVD Decrypter alone, not using Nero or Shrink? I have a DVD that will not copy using Nero or Shrink, but will copy using Decrypter, however the file is too large. Any info would be appreciated.

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

Rip the dvd to your hard drive using decrypters file-read mode.
    Open shrink and use it to reduce the file size.

Why wont shrink/nero read it?? bad sectors?? or is it authored wrongly??

3. Grampaw

Grampaw Regular member

Answer - you can't copy DVDs over 4.7GBs only using Decrypter.

And yes, Shrink sometimes doesn't want to "shrink" even if it's reading a disk image created by Decrypter - I get a windows exception error (using XP Pro) complete with that obnoxious "do you want to send a report to big brother Microsoft."

My solution is to revert back to one of the 321 Studio applications - usually DVD Xpress, either movie only or whole disk modes.

I much prefer Decrypter and Shrink, however, if they can't come through, I've found the 321 Studios stuff always works as an alternative.

4. 2.35:1

2.35:1 Member

Im not sure what the problem is, a message popped up saying "DVD encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read file"D:\" Copy protection error. The read failed because the sector is encrypted."

I've been reading a lot of the threads and Im a little confused as to what the difference between Shrink and Decrypter is. Someone said when Shrink doesn't work they use Decryter, then Shrink to finish. My understanding is that Shrink rips the DVD then Nero or Decrypter burns it and Decryter cannot compress discs, so anything under 4.7 can't be done.

5. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

as i said, people use decrypter to rip to hard drive, shrink to 'shrink', and decrypter to burn the iso. Thats usually if shrink cant do it by itself.

Try running DVD43 version 1.4 (FREE) in the back ground while decrypter is reading the file.
    Also check decrypters settings and make set the CSS Cracking method to IO Key Exchange/Brute Force

Oh, maybe read this as well http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/5651.cfm
    dont know if its a german movie but maybe try the trial version of AnyDVD