1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd decrypter gave message "I/O" and "command sequence error"?help?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Camo10, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Camo10

Camo10 Member

I used dvd shrink and I got to the burning part in decryptor but right as or before it started it gave me the error, "I/O Error" amd it also said, "command sequence error"? Advice on what this means and how I can fix it.

2. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

Give us some more information to go off of. Can you post what movie you're trying to copy, the error log, what type of media you're using? You need to realize that any and all information you can provide will help US provide you with a quicker response. Thanks.
    There are many different types of I/O errors...so the more info you give, the better help we might be.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  3. mevansfl

mevansfl Member

I have the same type of problem. I am a newbie and I've worked on DVD Xcopy to no avail, so I tried Decrypter. Here is the error message I receive, maybe you could offer some advice.

I/O Error

Device: [1:0:0] SONY DVD+-RW DW-D56A-PDS7 (D:)(ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 09 60 00 00 20 00
    Interpretation: Write (10)-Sector: 2400-2431

Sense Area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 2C 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Command Sequence Error

Thanks

4. peanuts2

peanuts2 Regular member

I was getting that same error when I switched to pattin coufin engine in dvd decrypter.Go to tool setting I/O and set it to SPTI.I tried using this and the patin couffin driver and would get an I/O error for some reason.I don't know why I would get this error because of this and it keep on telling me my drive was a scuzzy for some reason.

5. shizznit

shizznit Member

i get this problem from time to time

usually when ripping from dvd-r

i have known this problem to occur when trying to rip pirate copies of discs also

usually the check condition message means your disc is scratched and/or dirty

i have mixed success by clicking the retry button

often it works

try ripping as much as you can, if you get that message then skip that file

then try cleaning the disc and then trying to rip again

when you try to rip the disc to the same folder it will come up with a message asking you if you want to overwrite the files. just choose no to all and it will attempt to rip the files that you couldnt do last time

im very tired so apologies if im being unclear

bottom line is that if it doesnt work first time then it may work the second or third etc

6. mevansfl

mevansfl Member

Now I have downloaded Decrypter and Shrink. I am able to read it, write it, but nothing ever seems to be copied onto my blank DVDs. Besides that whenever I put in a blank 4.7gb or 8.5gb DVDs, my burner says please insert blank DVDs...so I think my burner can't read these despite the fact that I was able to use decrpyter and shrink successfully.

Does this sound like a device driver problem or a firmware issue? Advice anyone?

Thanks

7. peanuts2

peanuts2 Regular member

Try uninstalling the drive in device manager and then reboot the computer to redetect the drive.What type of dvd drive is it and what is the branded media that you have?

8. mevansfl

mevansfl Member

Peanut2,

It's a Sony D56A Dual Layered. I was on the phone with Dell last night and they are sending me a new driver, so hopefully that will do the trick.

Thanks!

9. konfused1

konfused1 Regular member

I get this error a "lot". The one common thing is when I use RiData 4x dvd-r's. When I first started burning a couple of months ago everything was fine. Then, all of a sudden the "I/O" error. WTF!? Initially, I kept retrying like heck, but that didn't do anything, so I just gave up and ejected the coaster. Or so I thought. On a whim, I just figured to try it on my stand alone, and what do you know, damn thing worked. Essentially, it would get stuck on the very last stage, the "verifying sectors". The funny thing is, I tried a different media, and I swear I'm not kidding, but I bought some cheapy Philips dvd-r's from Circuit City (US) and tried burning with them. They worked! Decrypter would go through the whole burn and verify process without a hitch. ??? And these are the ill-fated CMC mag disks! Go figure.