1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd decrypter help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by snafuone4, Jan 9, 2005.

1. snafuone4

snafuone4 Member

I recorded a movie from tv with my Pioneer dvd recorder. I recorded it on a DVD-RW. I finalized the disc, and then went to use DVD Decrypter to copy it to my HD. Then, like i've done successfully in the past, I will then burn the resulting files it generates to a DVD-R. The reason why i burn it to a DVD-RW is becuase my recorder has a built-in editing function. I burn the movie using "VR" mode, and edit out the commercials. THEN i transfer it to the computer, and then the finished product to a DVD-R. I've done this about 4 times successfully so far, before this problem starting occuring.

I had my hard drive crash on me saturday night. I reinstalled the OS, which is Win98SE. I also had to reinstall DVD Decrypter, because it would not load into memory after the crash. Now everything is running again and everything seems to be fine, EXCEPT for one problem. The red "write" light that blinks on my DVD writer is not blinking at a steady pace while it writes the files of the movie onto the DVD-R. It blinks like 4 times, stops, and blinks 4 times, stops, and so on... The writing of the movie took about an hour, which is wayyy longer than it used to before i had the crash happen.

When i tried to play back the newly generated DVD-R, it would play a minute, and then stop. It would stick on a scene of the movie. I tried it again with another blank DVD-R, and this time i ticked the "verify" function. After the burn, it tried to verify the burn. It gave me that female's voice saying "ohhh nooo!"

I'm wondering what could be the problem. IF anyone would be so kind as to help me figure this out, please do. I'd appreciate it a lot. I am wondering if adjusting the buffer would do the trick. The C: drive is defragged, as is the N: drive which i copied the movie to.

Please help! thanks!

Rick
    noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member