1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fastmouse, Aug 11, 2007.

1. fastmouse

fastmouse Member

I'm trying to backup one of my TV show DVDs, and I'm using DVD Decrypter. I rip it to the computer, test it with a virtual drive, and it works fine. I try burning it to a DVD+R, and the program tells me it was completed successfully. But the DVD+R won't work in any player or my computer, and when I put it back into my computer and bring up DVD Decrypter, the info on the DVD tells me the status is "Incomplete". What gives? Any help is appreciated.

2. attar

attar Senior member

When you ripped it, you ended up with an .iso image file?
    The image was small enough to fit on a standard DVD-5 without being shrinked?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  3. fastmouse

fastmouse Member

I was using a Double-layer DVD+R, which holds 8.6 GB I think, since the .iso was 6 or 7 GB.

4. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

is it finalized?

also you should switch to IMGburn for your DL burning, it is extremely better than burning with decrypter.

5. fastmouse

fastmouse Member

I don't think I finalized it. How do you do that? P.S. Thanks for the tip about IMGBurn.

6. fastmouse

fastmouse Member

I was looking through DVD Decrypter and I noticed that there was a "Close Disc" option. I tried to do that with my burned DVD, and it gave me an error message saying "Cannot write medium- incompatible format". The same error was reached when I tried to close it with IMGburn. What went wrong? Would trying to burn again with IMGburn lead to a different result?

7. attar

attar Senior member

The DVD to be backed up would have to be recorded on a standalone DVD recorder to require being finalized - else it would be unusable on the PC.
    In any case, I understood the DVD to be a commercial disk, not a burned disk and since the DVD was ripped and viewed, it doesn't apply.

The post from 300bowler about ImgBurn and DL burning is good advice.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1780