1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Decrypter I/O Error

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ljuvenile, May 25, 2004.

1. ljuvenile

ljuvenile Member

I am having a problem with my dvd decrypter. I dont know if its the media im using but i have wasted over 10 dvd-r's so far and i dont want to waste them any more. I keep getting a I/O error when i go to write the iso file to the disc. It burns sometimes and sometimes i get that error is there anything i can do so i dont waste my disk??

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

what does the error say?
    what brand/type of discs are you using?
    what writer are you using?
    what game is it your trying to backup?

3. parbodhk

parbodhk Member

I have somewhat similar problem. I have been sucessfully backing up. this is the 1st time i am using the latest relese of decrepter, and when i start iso write, it says "failed to set write parameters". Do i need change in settings? anybody, plese!

4. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

That happened to me once. I made the iso fine, but when I went to burn the iso, I got that error.

I just burned the iso using nero and that worked fine.

5. ljuvenile

ljuvenile Member

I am using the matrix dvds their the cheap kind and im using a plextor 708a burner. Is the cheap disc also a reason for my games to load slow when i do play them in my playstation and the music messes up when i play ballers.

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

slow load times skipping audio and jumpy/freezing fmv sequences are usualy either media related or maybe your ps2 laser requires a clean

7. Vicximus

Vicximus Guest

Im trying to create a back up copy for my game NBA Ballers and im getting an error message. (I/O) after inserting the game in my dvd drive, i open the DVD Decrypter and it shows the error message. Everytime i try to open Decrypter it shows the error message. But once i take the game out of my dvd drive everyting works fine. i mean DVD decrypter opens fine. No error message or anything. Do you guys have any idea whats going on with my comp? Is it the game? is it because PS2 put a blocker to in the DVD so burning programs cant read them? Or is it because of my DVD drives, but by the way i've already backed up couple of my games and they're working fine. Please help me!!!! Thnak you!

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

what does the error message say

9. Vicximus

Vicximus Guest

I/O Error!

Device: [0:0:0] (E:)

CDB: 12 00 00 00 38 00
    Interpretation: Inquiry

Reason: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

This Happens Everytime i insert a DVD-ROM game in my dvd drive! Please anyone Help me!

10. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

this error is usualy caused by an aspi problem check that your aspi layer is installed correctly and that it is fuctioning correctly also check what version you have

11. Vicximus

Vicximus Guest

Thanks! Its workin fine now! Thanks a lot!