1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Decrypter, I/O Error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ClipsKid, Mar 23, 2005.

1. ClipsKid

ClipsKid Member

When I go to back up my movie using dvd decrypter it gives me an I/O error

Device:[1:0:0]Matshita dvd-ram uj-820s 1.00 (d:)(ata)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB:2A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 00
    Interpretation: Write(10)- Sectors:0-31

Sense Area:70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 03 00 73 03 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation:power Calibration Area Error

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Sounds like it could be a media problem.You could try slowing down your burn speed, or buy better media.Worse possible scenario, is that your burner might be on its way out.
    good luck
    jD

3. ClipsKid

ClipsKid Member

I use Verbatim digital movie dvd-r (MCC), I have backed up about 100 previous movies using the same type of media. However, I tried a Memorex dvd+r disc and it worked just fine. The only thing I can think of is that I got a bad batch of discs (purchased from ebay) but I bought two diff. sets from two diff. sellers and both sets don't work (with the exception of the very first disc on the spindle, it worked fine,go figure)

4. ClipsKid

ClipsKid Member

Also when I do test mode with the verbatim discs it runs through fine, but when i do the actual write mode it gives me the error. Iam burning at 1x (always do)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

This was copied of the dvd decrypter website from LIGHTING_UK the creator of dvd decrypter.

definitely points toward the media

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

7. ClipsKid

ClipsKid Member

Why would this media work before and not now then? Also I have found 2 so far that work out of about 20. But your saying that if one doesn't work then they all shouldn't work (why do I have some that work then?)also I tried the updated version and got the same problem

8. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Did you get the new dvd decrypter?

9. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Another guy on a different forum, had the I/O error like yours, and it was fixed with the new dvd decrypter.
    If that doesnt work for you,then no media is 100% perfect.
    I ran into a bad batch of branded ritek ridata,and I started getting a power calibration error with them, and I had to slow down the burn speed for the last 50 in a cake box of 100.(I know you cant burn any slower than 1x)
    You need to try different discs,and update your firmware.If none of this works your burner maybe going bad fast.

10. sadsac

sadsac Guest

You may also want to avoid ebay media. You never really know the source from which it comes. It would probably be hard to clone those digital movie reel disks, but I've read tons of posts about fake media being purchased from ebay.

I bought a bunch of those digital media disks from best buy when they were on sale for $7.00/25 pack. Great deal on awesome quality media. Out of all the media I've tried, I like them best of all.

11. ClipsKid

ClipsKid Member

I tried a Memorex dvd+r just to see how it would respond and it worked fine. I think that I got some bad discs (the last time i'll buy discs off ebay!!!). But yeah like I said the new decrypter gave me the same problem, and my burner doesn't show any signs of malfunction, I guess I'll just send these discs back. Thanks for your help.

12. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I agree the digital movie are great media, but it seems as though ClipsKid might have run into some fakes.

13. sadsac

sadsac Guest

That's what I was thinking, but wouldn't it be hard to fake the digital reel-look of the disks? If they're not fakes, they may have been exposed to extreme heat or something.

14. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Well it has to be something like that, if the memorex(cough cough choke choke)out performed the verbatim LOL

15. ClipsKid

ClipsKid Member

The one guy I bought from said that he got the discs from a liquidator, so my guess is that something was probably wrong with the discs.