1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD decrypter IFO Mode

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by TinyGiant, Jun 12, 2007.

1. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Member

Please I need help. Ive been looking all over the web for 3 days, I learned a ton but need a little more help. I use DVD shrink, DVD decrypter, and IMG burn to successfully make DVDs that will work on a DVD player. All thanks to this site. My problem is I have a few good movies on my HD that I backed up in IFO mode with DVD Decrypter(I use file mode flawlessly now). Because I ripped them in IFO Mode I cant get the Movies into shrink. I dont have the discs anymore so I cant re-rip. Can I change the files to be compatible with shrink or is there another way around this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

if you ripped them in dvd decrypter in file mode they should open inside dvd shrink

try clonedvd 2 to transcode them . theres a free 21 day trial

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2007
  3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

4. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Member

Thanks a ton for that link Car Mike. I think IFO edit will fix my problem. I asked my question in a wierd way.
    I should have asked, "Is there a way to change the format of the files that I decrypted in IFO Mode to be compatible with a DVD player?"
    I'll mess with IFO edit and let you know how it goes. I'll be so happy if it works!

5. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Member

All of the advice of got so far is to manipulate the .VOB and delete .BUPs ex. But I dont have any .VOB or .BUPs. Regardless I will try and mess around in IFOEdit. I think I had my settings wierd in Decrypter cause everyone tells me to put the VOBs in IFOedit... But I have no VOBs. When decrypting in IFO mode what files are you supposed to get?

6. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

7. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Member

I visit Dooms guides often. Thanks for the links. In one it mentioned "Create Additional Files" option in DVD decrypter. I only have stream info. checked but thats how Doom has it also.

8. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

If you don't have any VOBs, then what do you have?

Did you enable Stream Processing? "Direct Stream Copy" should give you IFO and VOBs. "Demux" will give you IFO, M2V, AC3, and SUB, if any.

Follow the Doom9 guides and do it again. This time, use File mode. Save you lots of trouble.

9. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Member

I have a Stream Info. file, an IFO file, and a MPEG file. Ive got Stream Processings enabled, and I have a "*" on the Direct Stream Copy. I didnt demux. I use File Mode flawlessly now that I know. My problem is I have a few movies on my HD that I backed up in IFO mode and dont have the discs anymore. Unless some files are hidden I dont have BUPs, VOBs, or any of that usual jive. Just the 3 mentioned above. Is there no way to get these files to play on a DVD? Its beginning to look that way.

10. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

Change the Windows Explorer to view in Details. Look at the file extension, not at the Type column. Isn't it .VOB? Shrink won't load the files nor Imgburn will burn. It's missing VIDEO_TS.IFO. So use IfoEdit "Create IFOs" button to create the necessary files. Now Shrink and Imgburn can process the DVD files.