1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter ISO or MDS?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by LESNER, Nov 26, 2004.

1. LESNER

LESNER Guest

Hello all, i have been using dvd decrpter now for a while with no problems to back up my PS2 games, recently when i go to write the game to a blank disk i go to choose the ISO file as i have always done but it gives me the following message "You should have selected the MDS file and not this one.I'll do it for you automatically this time, but don't do it again!"
    The game actully burns some of the time but the game plays slow and has glitches/jumps. Could anyone help me? Have tried uninstalling already. Thanks

2. teggy

teggy Regular member

You have to burn the MDS anyways. It is like a CUE file. Other times when you just have an ISO and no MDS it will not ask as Decrypter will extract the data accordingly to the DVD. However when you back games up you will get an ISO and an MDS file.

When you just have the iso burn it, if you get an MDS always burn it. That message telling you that it will select the MDS for you comes up everytime if you select the ISO instead of the MDS.

If you have a skippy backup, try DVD loader or booting it again. If that fails back it up again, at the lowest speed you possibly can!

Games skipping has happened to me a few times, DVD loader or another boot usually fixes it for me, only once have I had to burn the game again.
    I have burnt games again when I didnt need to, cuz online didnt work and I though meh burn again and it still didnt work(Bcuz my ICS reveryted back to its original LAN that came with the PC and interefered, all sorted now)