1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter - Jumpy picture after burning .img

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by canbacon, Oct 22, 2004.

1. canbacon

canbacon Member

tried burning an img with dvd decrypter and also extracting it with isobuster, but it's jumpy like bad tracking on a VCR. has this anything to do with PAL????? how would i check region play?? buy the way, it plays perfectly in my dvd on the computer

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Where did the files come from? Also, what media are you using?

3. canbacon

canbacon Member

i'm using maxell which works well with everything and a LG 4x burner, burnt many a discs. the files come originally as a bunch of rar files, i extract them to the img file and then........ jumpy picture. i tried playing it in a second dvd player and it indicated "no play"

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Here is a good method for converting PAL to NTSC:

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=221928

I am not a big fan of Maxell and even tho you've had no problems a lot of times media is farmed out so even tho it says one thing it may well be another from batch to batch. (one reason i always buy Ritek or Ridata, BRANDED, to get consistency in my media).

So, if you don't have it could you Download dvdinfopro and tell me what it says your media is? This sounds like it could be a media problem.

BTW, if you don't have it, dvdinfopro is a very useful tool. I use it ALL the time and keep it on my desktop for easy access. It not only analyzes drives, media, burners, etc. But does a ton of other useful stuff and the free version is all you need..(if you have it pardon my repetivness)

5. canbacon

canbacon Member

ok, i took your advise, but it still doesn't work. i tried dvd info, found out my maxell is manufacturer 02 ????? then i tried checking out a memorex (i live in a remote area, don't have much choice in media, looks like i'll have to order in) and the memorex is RITEKW01. but that didn't work either, still jumpy. i don't know if i've mentioned this, but i can take a jumpy disk, and it plays normally in my dvd player in the computer.

so now that i know about media, are all ritek or ridita the same. i saw on another forum about grade's. how can i tell. are optodisc any good? how can i be sure what i'm ordering is the best?? what is a good site in canada?

thks

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Here's one that has a couple of media suppliers in Canada:

http://media.fastclick.net/w/get.me...://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/97776

If you get branded media then you always know what you're getting.

Not a big optodisc fan. You're Maxell should be OK tho if that's what infopro read.

Do you think it could be your player?

Have you tried using shrink 3.2? It's free. If it's not the Player, PC, or media, it has to be the software or operator. There's nothing left,LOL. Shrink will allow you to make it region free. You can burn with decrypter. If you need it I have a shrink guide I wrote that is easy and simple.

here's the shrink DL:

http://www.dvdshrink.info/downloads.php

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004