1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Decrypter Keeps giving read retry errors

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by mark9977, Apr 30, 2007.

1. mark9977

mark9977 Member

Hi,

Been using Dvd Decrypter with Dvd Rebuilder and CCE 2.70 for ages now without a problem. It is the perfect system for me. However....

Recently with one TV series (Angel Season 2) I have been having trouble ripping the discs. I keep getting the same read error - on every disc, where it cannot read an area of the disc and keeps retrying to read the problem area over and over again. Is there a way to set up decrypter so this does not happen? It seems to happen with older discs that are not in the nicest condition, but I cannot really control the source - the video store.

I don't want to go to another program as they all involve compression and the like from my understanding, and I want to use DVDRB and CCE for that part of the process.

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

So this one is a rented disc?

3. mark9977

mark9977 Member

no they are previous rentals I bought used from the video store

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

It depends on the name of the movie. Decrypter may not be able to handle it. Try DVDFab HD Decrypter version 3.1.0.5 Beta.
    http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

5. mark9977

mark9977 Member

Hi,

OK I will give that a try, it seems to be the same vts file on every single disc in the set, it is really weird, but these discs could be in better condition.

I will try the new software and see if it helps with the problem.

Is there a guide that will tell me how to just rip it to my hd?

Back to DVD Decrypter, is there not a way to just tell it to skip a bad sector and insert some random 1's and 0's? or is that just not possible?

Thanks

6. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Yes there is but then you'll have defective rips.

7. mark9977

mark9977 Member

how defective will they be? will the whole vts file be corrupted, or just a blip on the screen?

I tried the program you recommended, my initial disc was 8,338,762 kb and the iso that was made by the program was 8,056,434 kb. So where did the approx 300,000 kb go?

I just want to make a straight copy of the program, with DVD Decrypter my output file was the same size as my input file, why is that not the case with DVD Fab Decrypter? What is it doing with some of the data it is dumping?

Thanks

edit: another question, what is DVDfab doing with the unreadable portions of the DVD that DVD Decrypter couldn't get through? I know they are unreadable as DVDfab is taking forever to get through the same vts file that was mixed up in DVDdecrypter.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  8. Noddy67

Noddy67 Member

I Don't Know If This Will Help But Here Goes.I Had A Problem Like This Mostly On Sony DVDs. It Is A Form Of Copy Protection . To Copy The DVD You Need To Rip It To Your Hard Drive Using "AnyDVD" ( I Have Version 6.0.9.0).Then Use DVDShrink But Instead Of Opening Disc Use Open Files. I Haven't Had Any Problems Since.

Hope This Helps