1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter - MkvMerge - Sync Issues

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by jfred305, Apr 28, 2010.

1. jfred305

jfred305 Guest

I have been converting my DVD collection to MKV files on my computer.

The Process:

Rip DVD to Hard drive using DVD Decrypter
    Single VOB file and single Chapter file

Add VOB and Chapter files to MKV Merge and mux to create MKV file

The Problem:

Video and Audio of MKV file are out of Sync; the video duration is shorter than that of the original VOB file. This is frustrating since it was working fine for quite a while on many different titles. Now every single title I try has this issue.

What I’ve Done So Far:

Reinstalled DVD Decrypter
    Reinstalled MKVToolnix / MKVMerge
    Uninstalled K-lite Codec
    Installed CCCP Codec

Installed DVD Decrypter and MKVMerge on another computer and repeated the process; the resultant MKV file had the same issue

Any Suggestions Would Be Greatly Appreciated

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

WHy are you trying to convert to MKV?

3. jfred305

jfred305 Guest

I think that MKV is the best format for storing and viewing movies from my hard drive. I use a WD HD TV Media Player.

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Yeah, it might be, if you are trying to reduce the size of the video, compress it. However, what you are doing with MKVMerge is just change the container, the "wrapper", it doesn't help you in a ANY way that I can see.The video remains untouched. You could just leave it as one single VOB, or even just rip as an ISO and play it that way.
    If you would want to convert to MKV to reduce space, then I could see a reason behind it, but MkvMerge is not the program to use.