1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter - need help with a different I/O error

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jfa22, Oct 22, 2004.

1. jfa22

jfa22 Member

Hello everyone!
    like many other users, I praise the DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrinkr as a powerful and effective combo in burning. I've had many successful burns until now.
    The Decrypter seems to work fine "operation success". I then burn with the decrypter, with Nero, and with Shrink wich uses Nero.
    So far, everything seems fine.
    I put the disc into the DVD player and it just spins "loading" with no audio visual or control functions at all. I then put it (the burnt copy) back into the decrypter and immediately get this message:

I/O error
    Device:[3:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM 4040B A106 (D:)(ATA)
    Scsi Status: 0X02
    Interpretation: Check Condidtion
    CDB: AD 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 08 04 00 00
    Interpretation: Read DVD Structure - disk key (0)
    Sense area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 10 AD 02 00 0E 24 00 00 C0 00 07 00 00 00 00 00 00

Then I close this message and get another:

Disc authorization failed!
    Device: [3:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM 4040B A106 (D:)(ATA)
    Reason: Failed to get disk key.

I've tried several different settings on the Decrypter, different blank DVD+R media brands (Memorex and Imation), different originol DVD movies and still no change. I thought it could be the DVD drive hardware but I can still read everything and burn CD's without a problem.

Anyone.....?

Thanks again all
    -jfa22

2. xxschizo

xxschizo Member

Did you make any major changes to your PC that might cause the problem, . . . such as upgrading to XP SP2? More information about your computer/configuration would be helpful.

3. jfa22

jfa22 Member

xxschizo,
    Thanks for the response.
    Yes, matter of fact the XPsp2 came in as an automatic update a several days ago. The errors go back about 2 weeks though. About the same time, Windows Media Player did an up-date as well. I went back into Windows media player and un-ticked the use as default box. But Otherwise no other hardware or software changes.
    I've followed set up configurations for Decrypter and Shrink from ScubaPete's previous threads. No one has reported any inaccuracies there.
    Is the error message suggesting a problem with the D: drive hardware?
    The Drive seems to be the only constant. That and disc media belonging to the "Cheaper" class. I should be able to trouble shoot this weekend with some Verbatim DVD's.

4. xxschizo

xxschizo Member

Sometimes, if all else fails, I just uninstall a program and reinstall it if I cannot use a 'restore' setting on XP to resolve the problem.