1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter Problem Please Help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by NSA187, Jan 25, 2007.

1. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

i just got a brand new dell xps 410 and i use DVD Decrypter to back up movies but for some reason now when i put a blank tayio yuden in there a TG02 all it says is initilizing disc and nothing happens, it just started doing this, it reads in clone dvd but it just constantly says initiling disk in DVD Decrypter if anybody know please help... thank you in advance... they are authenitc TG02 from super media store never had this problem before it just started happening...

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Uninstall, run Ccleaner, reboot and reinstall DVD Decrypter.

3. ckystyler

ckystyler Member

i have been using dvd decrypter for a while. i have burned numerous ps2 games with it. just recentley, a notice poped up while i was rippping a game onto my pc. it did the same thing with talledaga knights. it always stops on 13%. this is a copy of my log. i have a sony burer and i use verbatim dvd-r discs.

I 22:34:00 DVD Decrypter Version 3.5.4.0 started!
    I 22:34:00 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
    I 22:34:00 Initialising SPTI...
    I 22:34:00 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
    I 22:34:01 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW and 1 DVD±RW!
    I 22:34:51 Operation Started!
    I 22:34:51 Source Device: [1:0:0] MATSHITA UJDA755 DVD/CDRW 1.01 (E:) (ATA)
    I 22:34:51 Source Media Type: DVD-ROM
    I 22:34:51 Source Media Region Code: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
    I 22:34:51 Source Media Copyright Protection System Type: None
    I 22:34:51 Source Media Application Identifier: PLAYSTATION
    I 22:34:51 Source Media Implementation Identifier: DVD-ROM GENERATOR
    I 22:34:51 Destination File: C:\DVDIMAGE.ISO
    I 22:34:51 File Splitting: Auto
    I 22:34:51 Detect Mastering Errors: No
    I 22:34:51 Remove Macrovision Protection: Yes
    I 22:34:52 Extracting Sectors... (LBA: 0 - 2165935)
    E 22:41:03 Failed to read Sector 277088 - Unrecovered Read Error
    E 22:41:04 Failed to Extract Sectors!
    E 22:41:04 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:06:12
    E 22:41:04 Average Read Rate: 1,489 KB/s (1.1x) - Maximum Read Rate: 11,272 KB/s (8.1x)

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

What movie are you doing and what program are you using to remove encryptions? Decrypter can't handle the newer movies by itself. Try ripping it with DVD Fab decrypter: Then use your encoding program as usual.

http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

ckystyler,
    Welcome to the forum. You got a failed read error. You can try cleaning it and try again but since DVDDecrypter has not been updated in a while it might not be able to rip the DVD properly. You need an up to date ripper so you can try as Garmoon suggested and use DVDFAB Decrypter or you can also try Ripit4Me.

E 22:41:03 Failed to read Sector 277088 - Unrecovered Read Error

6. ckystyler

ckystyler Member

thank you i have already downloaded dvdfabdecrypter and i will try it. but one other question, i get the part how talledaga knights didnt work since it is new, but why didnt resident evil4 work,i have done newer games than that one like bully and ncaa 07

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You might want to inquire in the console game section on that one. Most of what we deal with in the Shrink forum is with transcoding video with shrink and decryption software necessary to bypass the copy protection on movies.

A friend of mine uses DVD Decrypter for a lot of games. I don't know how the RipIt4Me would work on those. It uses DVD Decrypter in the process. I don't know about letting the files open in DVD Shrink either.

8. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

ckystyler,
    RE4 is not that old and it does have some of the funky decryptions on it

9. ckystyler

ckystyler Member

can someone help i tried usin dvdfab but when it tried clone it said i have to buy it, and rip4me or wtf its called didnt even recognize the dvd lol it said it was a cd. sigh i wish dvd decrypter still worked. but i guess u have to move on

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Lighten up, the software wasn't written to decrypt game CDs and DVDs. It was just a lucky conincidence that Decrypter would work with the earlier games. The industry wised up and changed the decryption and no one has stepped up, that I'm aware of, to write decryption software for the new games. Like I said, the gamers may have more on the situation. Why not check out the right forum when seeking a solution to a problem?

11. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Uninstall DVDFab Decrypter and then download the free edition from this site: http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

In the future when it says that another version is available it will take you to the site to buy the version. Instead go back to the site I just mentioned and download the new free version.

DVD Decrypter still works on a lot of stuff if you have it set up correctly. However, you guys are talking about games and not movies. Check your settings in DVDD and make sure they are set to remove aggressive. Maybe that will fix some of your issue's.

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

syxguns
    I don't think any of the video decryption software is going to help with the new game copy protections. I'm not even aware of a new program that's been written to handle it. I'm going to have to see if I can catch up with my friend and see if he knows anything about it. He'a a big game fan and protects his with copies as much as possible.

13. syxguns

syxguns Active member

PacMan777-
    Let me know what he says. I currently don't copy games. When I mod my PS2 it worked for 6 or 8 months before it blew a fuse. I could never find out which fuse it was, so just stuck with my XBOX. I didn't want to mod it because I didn't want to be without a game system!

To make a long story short, I am also not aware of the new decryption.

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

About all I know is what some of the members here have been saying on other threads. Some of the newer games are supposedly coming out with heavier encryption. DVD Decrypter just doesn't seem to be doing the job by itself on some titles.

15. ckystyler

ckystyler Member

i know on my last post yall said the dvd dycryptor doesnt get update and that is why yall said it doesnt work, but ive tried ripping 3 ps2 games and 1 dvd and they all stop on 11% saying the same things posted above on myt other posts. ???? i need to know pleeezzz

16. syxguns

syxguns Active member

ckystyler-
    I can't help on the games aspect of what you are trying to do. Someone in the games forum can help you out with that. As far as movies go, DVD Decrypter is not updated to handle them by itself. You will need AnyDVD to make it work.

However, free alternatives are listed in my sig. RipIt4Me and DVDFab Decrypter. RI4M takes a little longer because it uses DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, and FixVTS. However, the movies come out flawless. Give that a shot on the movies.

17. boogeman

boogeman Member

disk you are copying is dirty or scratched if you are getting theses errors E 22:41:03 Failed to read Sector 277088 - Unrecovered Read Error
    E 22:41:04 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:06:12

18. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

dirty, scratched, bad press, ... We've gone over a few of the issues so far. Do a scan of the disc and see if there are bad sectors.

DVD Decrypter is no longer being updated. However it is still being used with newer software to help remove copy protection, i.e. RipIt4Me. DVD Shrink is no longer being supported, so unlikely to have anymore updates. It was last updated in July 2004. Shrink's decryption software was never considered among the best. However, it is still a good transcoder and handy for its utilities.

Video and games are usually processed with different software. Video recording software doesn't process games because they have a different file format. DVD Decrypter will rip some games, but it has to be in ISO format. Plus console games don't usually play unless the console has been modded.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  19. ckystyler

ckystyler Member

so..... how can i rip my ps2 games....and i dont think that the discs are dirty because theyh all stop at 11%.

20. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

That would be a good question for the games forum. It's strange they would all stop at the same spot. It has nothing to do with Shrink as that is a Video backup software (different file format).

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007