1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zany, Mar 27, 2004.

1. zany

zany Member

Iv'e recently started backing up my DVD collection and i thought I'd give decrypter a try the problem i've got is that i followed the guide but every dvd i have tried is over 4.5GB so how do i make it so it fits on 1 cd or does it do it automatically.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi zany
    Decrypter will not compress for you.
    try using dvd shrink instead of decrypter,dvd shrink, rips,shrinks,and if you have nero,it even burns coupled with nero.
    I use decrypter only when shrink wont do the job.You'll find the the download and guides needed at the top of this page.
    good luck
    jim

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

zany,

My Good Buddy Jimbo means well but we can now backup DVD's with all freeware !!

Use DVD Shrink to rip, edit, compress and then burn to HD in an ISO file - then use Decrypter in the ISO write mode to burn to disc - does an excellent job very quickly and you don't have to purchase any software -

Pete

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Yep pete I plum forgot about decrypters ablility to write as well.Since i have nero i dont use decrypter for burning.MY BAD
    (goes and sits in the corner and pouts)lol
    jim

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

(switching to my "Uncle" mode)

There, there Jim, don't take it so hard, I know you mean well - the only reason I said anything at all is I didin't want our new friend to think that money was necessary to do this stuff-

You're still a member in excellent standing (yea, I know, I see you sitting there in the corner but you can stand up now, ) Yes, that's my Boy, standing up straight like the man that I know him to be -

Off you go now, go play with the Newbies and help them along - -

(He's a pretty good kid, a little fragile, but good - )