1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter Region code and patch

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by margit, Nov 1, 2004.

1. margit

margit Guest

Hi,

I have a dvd burner/computer that's set at Region 1. I inserted a Region 2 dvd and DVD Decrypter asked me to select the DVD's region (in this case it would be R2).

If I select R2, then would my dvd drive/burner's region code setting be changed to R2, as well? And if this is so, would I have used up 1 of 4 changes allowed. Is there a way to rip the DVD to my HD without using up a region code change.

Sorry if this problem was brought up on another thread. I've been looking for a while and couldn't find an answer.

Thanks

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there margit, welcome to aD,

The answer to your question is, no. By changing the region number in DVD Decrypter you would have only opened the disc and as DVD Decrypter began to rip it, it would have then rendered it "Region Free". Hence, the copy would be then region free and could be played on any region number.

Not a bad question BUT, if posted in the "Newbie Forum" would have been read by more pple.

Stop back when you don't have a question, you'd be supprised what you can learn around here -

Sea ya,

Pete

3. margit

margit Guest

Thanks very much for answering my question. And good suggestion about the newbie forum. Thanks again.