1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter Region Free

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by stepho, Oct 18, 2004.

1. stepho

stepho Member

Hi. I have been using DVD shrink - even for backing up discs that do not need to be compressed because i can't figure out how to use Decrypter to make my backups region free. there is a tool bar that drops down and says something about region free patch - when i try to open it, it looks for location of something that will patch the disc. DVD shrink takes a lot longer to backup than decrypter so does anyone know how to use this software to backup and make your film region free? cheers.....

also - what preferences do people have with the quality settings on DVDShrink? sharp/smooth?

2. xxschizo

xxschizo Member

have you tried a decoding and region-free program such as anydvd?

3. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

As far as i know, Dvd Decrypter does not make a back-up of your movie region free. This is in use with Dvd Shrink.
    If you already have movie on your hd, open up Shrink, click on either: open disk or open file. Click on whatever you want on or off on the movie if for full backup or just the movie in re-author mode. Next, click "backup!" button, goto the Dvd Region tab and make sure you tick region free and your set.
    This should help you.

4. LIGHT_UK

LIGHT_UK Member

Using default settings, the ripped files ARE region free.

You dont need to do any additional stuff.

You are using the latest version yeah? 3.5.1.0 at this time.

5. stepho

stepho Member

cheers for replies. eh yeah im using latest version of decrypter - but didnt realise that all burns with this program will be region free automatically. that solves my query i suppose.....