1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter - rips dvd with too many files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gammi, Sep 20, 2004.

1. gammi

gammi Guest

Hi there, for some reason dvd decrypter is ripping the dvd movie to my hard drive in a number of files. It used to create one file (by using shrink) but shrink is now creating a number of VOB files and I am unable to burn, someone help !!!

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi gammi,

There are a couple of ways to use DVD Decrypter and they are both fine. Look under Mode on your tool bar and you'll see "file". Using this mode you can rip your DVD into what's called a VOB file. To make this work with DVD Shrink all you have to do is create a folder called VIDEO_TS. Written just like that, all in CAP's. Put all the files in that and then use the "Open Files" option in DVD Shrink to pick it up and process it as usual.
    The second way to rip with DVD Decrypter is to go to "Mode" on your tool bar and choose" ISO", "read". Using this will give you a single ISO Image. In DVD Shrink go to "file" then choose "Open Disc Image" and process as usual.

Finally, you can just rip with DVD Shrink choosing "Open Disc" as that rips as well as DVD Decrypter. By using DVD Decrypter you're just ripping twice :)

Hope that helps, any more questions, please let me know -

Cheers,

Pete

3. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi gammi :)

You probably changed DVD Shrink target to "Hard-disc folder", as opposed to "ISO disc image".
    Simply use Nero (or equivalent) to burn the DVD-Video files. ;)

http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php