1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter running really SLOW...

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by BigSimms, Dec 9, 2004.

1. BigSimms

BigSimms Guest

Using DVD Decrypter for several monthes and love the program... hats off to Lightning UK.

Just recently I tried to make a backup of Bourne Supremacy... brother is handicap and is kinda hard on the discs. DVD Shrink ran it through just fine. Went into DVD Decrypter and it well only burn at 1x. This just started happening. An hour ago, DVD Decryter was running fine.
    Uninstalled and reinstalled... nothing
    Tried making backup of another movie that was successful in the past... nothing

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs are as follows:
    AMD FX-51
    K8T-MASTER2 MSI Motherboard
    1 GB pc400 RAM
    Dual IBM 120 GB HDD
    Sony 8x DVD-R\RW

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If you can answer a few questions I might be able to help ya out better

What media are you using?
    Is it different media than you used in the past?
    Have you updated your Firmware?
    Is your drive running in PIO or DMA mode?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WinXP SP2
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2.01GHz)
    1GB DDR 3200
    ATI All In Wonder 9600
    Burners Nec 2500A / Pioneer DVR 105

3. BigSimms

BigSimms Guest

Using Ritek media... just switched, burned over 70 disks successfully.
    Used all sorts in the past, but made the switch about three weeks ago. I don't think its the media. Haven't had to update the firmware, maybe I will try that.
    Drive is running in DMA using v4.6 ASPI drivers.

Everything was working fine until I was using dvd shrink. It came up with a cyclic redundancy error on the dvd. I checked the bottom of the dvd and it was extremely dirty. I cleaned the disk, redid it in DVDShrink. It normally takes 22-25 minutes. Now it takes 31-33 minutes per disc. They come out fine, Its just a lot slower. DVD Decrypter only burns at 1.1x with the buffer fluxuating from 2% to mid-80%. The funny thing about it, I did a successful disc, normally, minutes before I had this issue. Could it be related to the dirty disc?

Thanks for your Help.