1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd decrypter then shrink - problem ???????

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by dodzy, Sep 5, 2004.

1. dodzy

dodzy Member

Hi folks,

I'm new th this dvd burning thing so I reckon this query has been posted ( and replied to ) several times. Apologies for the repetition but cant find the answer. The problem - DVD decrypt ( CSS protested ) disk to HDD. using ISO - read. Decrypts and backs up file to original size. Dvd shrink process selected. Analysis - encoding and off for coffee. Forgot to put blank dvd in burner. Message on return is "successful backup of files to C drive for burning later". Now, on C: I have folders which were created named VIDEO TS and AUDIO TS. Is it possible to burn these to disk or do I have to encode again ( with a blank DVD inserted ) ???????

2. neewbie

neewbie Regular member

ok mate im having difficulty understanding what u r saying. When u decrypt your movie do u want to burn to a dvd disc?

3. dodzy

dodzy Member

Hi Neewbie,

Yep. I want to decrypt a DVD. Shrink it. And burn it to DVD -R. Pardon the previous babble. And please also forgive the fact that I have posted the plea on the PS2 site. What a silly person I am.

Thx

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

if the files were created by shrink then you should be able to burn them straight to a dvdr disc without re-encoding

5. neewbie

neewbie Regular member

Ok thats much easier!

1: place disc in dvd rom
    2: go to dvd shrink open disc
    3: dvd shrink will analyze for a few minutes
    4: then it will finish with the movie compressed to 4464 mbs.
    5:backup, with choosing what backup you want.
    6: come back in 1 hour or so.
    7: open up nero, go burn dvd video files.
    8: add files
    9: burn to dvd-/+ disc
    10: wait till burnt then watch! :_)

Now there are much other options you would properly like to know as well. E.g backup compression setting, how compressed you want the movie. the more compressed the movie is the quality going worse. If you need ne more help rite back. i have to go to work now cya later mate