1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter to DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by paul1950, Feb 8, 2005.

1. paul1950

paul1950 Member

I am trying to rip a movie with DVD Decrypter V3.5.2.0 and then using DVD Shrink 3.0 Beta 5 to shrink it.
    Can someone give me easy to understand instructions how to do this?

Thanks

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

3. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

I used DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 -- might want to check your version.

4. RalphZero

RalphZero Member

There are easy to follow guides all over the internet. I use DVD Decryptor, IFOEdit, DVD Shrink and Nero9 (in that order). IFOEdit is good tool if you want to keep the original menu and the Source DVD is too large to fit on one DVD-R. IFOEdit can be used to split the DVD between two DVDs and keep the Menu. If you don't want the menu and just the main movie, IFOEdit is not needed. Splitting the main movie or compressing the main movie can easily be done in DVD Shrink. DVD Shrink will automatically use Nero to burn your DVD.

5. pfh

pfh Guest

Dvd Decryptor-> File mode ->select all ->choose folder or use default-> Click big green arrow button ->let it finish ripping -> when finished -> Dvd Shrink ->Open File ->select folder that Dvd Decryptor ripped to and they should show up in Dvd Shrink ready for you to shrink/choose what to keep/etc. ->after making choice select folder to hold the new shrink files. These are the files you want to point your burn app. to if not using Nero with Dvd Shrink.
    The various options with Shrink are expalined in more detail on the web.

6. hursty

hursty Active member

are you having problems ripping it with shrink?

if not,the quickest way to use these 2 programs is to rip it with dvd shrink first,then burn with dvd decrypter

7. hursty

hursty Active member

if not,the quickest way to use these 2 programs is to rip it with dvd shrink first,then burn with dvd decrypter

8. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

(http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/petesguide5.html)

The link above is from ScubaPete's website which has great guides on what you are looking for.

9. hursty

hursty Active member

10. paul1950

paul1950 Member

Thanks for everyones help. I finally tried DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink then DVD Decrypter to burn. This worked fine on The Forgotten. I tried this method on Cellular and I like it better than the way I was ripping and burning. Going to use this method from now on. Anyone intrested try
    home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/

Thank again

11. hursty

hursty Active member

good to see you have things working,the method in which you do things is your choice,however,using dvd decrypter>shrink>decrypter is good for for copying problematic dvd as dvd decrypter is a more powerful ripper,
    but dvd shrink should rip the majority of dvd on the market,no problem.
    if you can pick up anydvd,this is a good piece of software,its a ripper that runs runs silently in the background,you wont even know its there.

with kind regards hursty