1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter to shrink

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Franko23, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Franko23

Franko23 Guest

I just ripped a movie from DVD with Decrypter, now the file is too large to fit onto a DVD. I need to compress the file, and the only way I know how to do that is Shrink, but it says "Failed to open..." "The system cannot find the file specified" even though I specified to open the folder Resident Evil (which is where I directed Decrypter to store the files). Now, how would I go about compressing the files (which right now it's about 8 GB) so I can fit it onto a DVD-R?
    any help would be fantastic, thanks
    frankie

2. Franko23

Franko23 Guest

I'm an idiot...I found a guide that teaches you how to do and i did ISO Read mode and have to do ISO File mode...so i'll get back to you on how it works.

3. elliott

elliott Regular member

Franko I just ripped rs:apocolypse and it was very protected so what I did was download the newest version of decrypter and ripped it using decrypt command then opened the folder in dvd shrink, and created an ISO selecting burn with decrypter worked great but I would get rid of all extra languages and extras to make it fit because it was large.

4. Franko23

Franko23 Guest

i did it yesterday too. it was actually pretty easy. ripped to a video_ts folder with decrypter, then opened it in shrink to compress and burn (i use nero). worked fine. thanks for the info though

5. Pikapp88

Pikapp88 Member

Frank - I'm a newbie as well, and you may not check but I had the same problem, use the file drop down menu and select open image instead this should work for you...

Later and Happy ripping