1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Decrypter urgent help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Xboxboy, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Xboxboy

Xboxboy Member

Hi guys,

I use dvd decrypter to read in a movie, after it finish reading there are 2 files one is the movie and the another one end with .MDS files.

Can someone tell me what file should i write it, because you are allow only to select one file.

Thanks guys :)

2. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

More info is needed. If you ripped a CSS encrypted movie/entire DVD correctly with DVD Decrypter, it should have produced more than two files.

1) What exactly are you trying to (end result) accomplish? Disk to disk copy? Compression? Conversion?

2) What kinda *movie* is it? Store bought DVD, homemade DVD?

3) What software is requiring only one file?

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

You ripped the DVD in ISO Read mode, which is fine as long as the original is 4.37GB or less (DVD-5). If this is the case, you can use either DVD Decryptor (in ISO Write mode) or regular DVD burning software (I use RecordNow Max 4.5) to burn the image to a disc.

If the original is bigger than 4.37GB (DVD-9) you'll need to use another program like DVD Shrink to make a movie-only and/or compressed backup that will fit on a recordable DVD. If you know how to mount an ISO file to a virtual drive (Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%) you can mount the image you ripped and start over with DVD Shrink, using the virtual drive for your source. If that statement sounds like complete gibberish you're probably better off just deleting the files and starting over with DVD Shrink.

If you get errors backing up with DVD Shrink you may still need to use DVD Decryptor, but you can use File Mode, which will give you the actual files from the disc (minus encryption) instead of an ISO image.

You can find in-depth guides for using DVD Shrink to reathor and using RecordNow Max or Nero to burn at
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm

4. jasskid

jasskid Guest

I just d/l 3.1.7 of DVD Decrypter. I copied a dvd to my hard drive successfully. I dont know how to start the movie from the hard drive since there are no .exe or application files in folder. I just recently bought a new computer, a Sony 2,6 gig with 512 mgs memory. The programs I use to play my dvd's are Windows Media player, Real Player, and Sonic Stage. When I try to play a dvd the program asks me to insert a dvd into drive F (dvd reader and writer)

What must I do in order to play the copied dvd from the hard drive and record the copied dvd to my drive. Also, do you recommend using dvd-r or dvd+r?
    Thanks for any help you can give me............................. Bob

5. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

JASSKID....
    1) To play it from your HD, just double click the first VOB file. Your player should pick it up and play. If it doesn't, then direct the browse window under file, open, in your player, to the first VOB.

2) Run the ripped files thru DVD2One or DVD Shrink. The files they produce can then be placed into a VIDEO_TS folder you create, then burnt onto a DVDr.

3) I, and many others, use DVD+R and haven't had any compatibility issues, but some people rant and rave about how DVD-R is the ONLY format u should use. In my opinion, tiz preference more than anything. If you have a dual format burner, try both, and see which one burns faster or plays better in your players. THAT's the only true way to determine which one is best for YOU.

6. drumgod

drumgod Member

Xboxboy,

When you switch to write in DVD Decrypter select the .MDS file, then click write to disk. DVD Decrypter will take care of the rest.

~Brian~

7. #afonic

#afonic Regular member