1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd decrypter user's, i got a question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jdilla, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i currently have the newest version of dvddecrypter v3.1.9.0, and i use it mainly to back up ps2 games. now when it comes to selecting write, there two files there, one is dvd image(iso) and another one also called dvdimage.mds, what are the differences between both of them, the size and sectors are equal, ive always burned the iso image doe, just curious what would happen if i burned the .mds image?

2. account

account Guest

don't worry about the .mds file it's just like a bin and cue file you can just burn the iso file using dvd decryptor

this has nothing to do with the above i am not advertising i am just doing this to make 2 cents per click this will be on all my posts
    http://www.modchip.com/clickcgi/click.cgi?goodcheats

3. dani21p

dani21p Guest

Im getting a modchip soon, but i have been burning games with dvd decrypter and its been taking up to 3 to 4 minutes to put on a blank dvd is something wrong or is this the amount of time it should take to burn the disc, the disc are 4x speed.?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

a full dvd takes 15 minutes at 4X.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V4 PS2, flip top, SMD, CDLoader
    Pioneer 105, Memorex 4X DVD-R
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2004
  5. account

account Guest

it doesn't take me 15 min and why are you burning on 4x? you should try to burn at 1x or 2x

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

a FULL dvd at 4X takes between 14 and 15 minutes to burn.

1 dvd = 4582277.12 kb
    4X = 5408 KBS
    1 dvd takes 847.31 seconds to burn at 4x
    1 dvd = 14.12 minutes.

7. Xian

Xian Regular member

It depends on the size of the .ISO you are burning. As others have said a full DVD takes approx 15 mins at 4x, but many PS2 games are not a full DVD. If the image is just 1 gig, then 4 mins would be about right.

The .MDS file is a catalog file describing the dvd layout. It is useful when making images to mount with Daemon Tools or other virutal cd software, but you really just need to burn the .ISO.

8. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

thank you all for your replies, i enjoy the answers, and now i have some knowledge on what .mds means, and the time it takes for dvd burns takes, you shouldnt really worry about time, after all it is YOUR original copy that you are burning RIGHT???

9. account

account Guest

yes it's the games that we own and i was curious so i decided to see how long it took me to burn some games at 2.5x my results:

deer hunter: 17.3 min, size about 3gb
    wwf smackdown: 23 min, size: 4.2gb
    mohrs: 27 min, size: 4.4 gb
    i have done some of my other games but i forgot how long they took

this has nothing to do with the above i am not advertising i am just doing this to make 2 cents per click this will be on all my posts
    http://www.modchip.com/clickcgi/click.cgi?goodcheats

10. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

its the game deer hunter any good?

11. pwav

pwav Member

With dvddecrypter v3.1.9.0, its best to read the originals at minimal read then burn them at 1x.

That is, if you have the patience to have a copied game that works during the burn cycle at 1x.

12. dani21p

dani21p Guest

This is the first time i have ever burned ps2 game i wasnt aware that i was supposed to burn at slower speed Sorry! Well i just got my modchip and only half the games worked, mostly all the ones that dint work were burned with recordnow all the ones i burned with dvd decrypter worked except one, maybe because it was reading to fast. What time of dvdr media would you guys recommend to use on dvd decrypter?

13. pwav

pwav Member

dani21p

I never had any problems using just generic DVD-R's.

I buy em at a bulk of 100 at 75 cents each.

I beleive in DVD Decrypter you set it to read at "minimal" to create the image. Then go ahead and burn it at 1X. Works good for me.

14. dani21p

dani21p Guest

Thanks for your help pmav but, how do you set to read at minimal?

15. Feargiver

Feargiver Guest

hay guys like the info now i got a question ok i downloaded a ps2 game i just got a a dvd burner 4x now im new to burning dvds. i would like to no how do i burn a ps2 game that i downloaded off the net and i have nero, record now, dvd decypter, cdrwin, now im really confused how whit what software do i burn with and can u please give me a step by step process please and as much info as possible

16. Feargiver

Feargiver Guest

hay guys like the info now i got a question ok i downloaded a ps2 game i just got a a dvd burner 4x now im new to burning dvds. i would like to no how do i burn a ps2 game that i downloaded off the net and i have nero, record now, dvd decypter, cdrwin, now im really confused how whit what software do i burn with and can u please give me a step by step process please and as much info as possible

17. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

downloading games off the net is illegal and against forum rules.

18. pwav

pwav Member

dani21p

When you launch DVD Decrypter go to the menu:

Tools > Settings then click on tab "Device"

In Device, check "Read Speed" box then select "Read Speed" drop down menu and select 1X.

This is for DVD Decrypter version 3.1.9.0