1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD decrypter very interesting read rate problem

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by pantzamus, Jul 6, 2007.

1. pantzamus

pantzamus Member

Hello, like lots of other ppl I am having read rate problems BUT mine is a little more tricky, when I start a rip it starts at around 1.8x then slowly, within a 30 minute time span it ramps up to about 4.0x, MY DRIVE IS SUPPOSED TO READ AT 16X! My system specs are as follows

Foxconn C51XEM2AA- 8EKRS2H Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 sli -MOBO
    1 Optiarc AD-7170A DVD/CD -Drive
    2gb OCZ ddr 800 -RAM
    AMD 62 X2 5200+ -Processor
    2 160Gig W.D. hard drives (raid 0)
    EVGA 8800GTS - Graphics Card

I know my controllers are in DMA, and when I try to flash the firmware my comp crashes :(

any help would be greatly appreciated

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

there is nothing wrong with your computer or your drive. It's DVDDecrypter trying to circumvent the encryptions on the DVD so it's hard for it to read the newer DVDs since DVDDecrypter isn't updated anymore! Even if you use AnyDVD with DVDDecrypter it still could have a difficult time reading due to the DVD itself. Make sure there are no scratches, smudges, finger prints, debris, nuclear fall out, etc.... on the disk to inhibit the drive from reading the disk. Just know that some movies will take longer to rip than other depending on the encryptions, too. Reading times will vary.... but don't think that because your drive is 16x that it does everything at 16x..... the program, disks, and other factors will determine how fast your drive will read and/or write!