1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by coach, Apr 20, 2002.

1. coach

coach Member

I AM RUNNING WINDOWS XP AND HAVE INSTALLED THE LATEST VERSION OF DVD DECRYPTER. WHEN I TRY TO OPEN THE PROGRAM EITHER MY COMPUTER CRASHES OR I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE BEFORE THE PROGRAM OPENS AT THE SECOND ATTEMPT. THE PROGRAM DOES NOT RECOGNISE BOTH OF MY DRIVES WHEN IT EVENTUALLY OPENS. THERE ARE OCCASIONS WHEN IT OPENS FIRST TIME WHEN IT WILL RECOGNISE MY CD-ROM AND MY DVD DRIVE, WHEN IT SHOWS THE ERROR MESSAGE IT DOES NOT DISPLAY THE CORRECT MAKE OR MODEL OF MY CD-ROM DRIVE IT JUST LISTS IT AS DRIVE D. I HAVE INSTALLED THE LATEST ASPI DRIVERS WHICH I AM SURE IS THE PROBLEM. THE ERROR MESSAGE I GET IS

ASPI COMMAND ERROR
    DEVICE :( 1:0)
    ASPI SRB STATUS 0x04
    INTERPRETATION: SRB COMPLETED WITH ERROR
    HOST ADAPTOR STATUS 0x12
    INTERPRETATION: DATA OVERRUN DATA UNDERRUN
    TARGET STATUS: 0x02
    INTERPRETATION: CHECK CONDITION
    CDB: 12 00 00 00 38 00
    INTERPRETATION: INQUIRY
    SENSE AREA 70 00 02 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 3A 01
    INTERPRETATION: MEDIUM NOT PRESENT TRAY CLOSED
    I AM SURE THIS HAS CAUSED OTHER PROBLEMS ON MY COMPUTER, I CANNOT USE THE SYSTEM RESTORE FEATURE AND ALL THE ICONS IN MY TOOLBAR DO NOT ALWAYS APPEAR WHEN THE SYSTEM BOOTS UP.
    I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP ON THIS MATTER, THANKS, COACH.

2. 392

392 Guest

the problem your having is the aspi layer..you need to install the forceASPI17 layer do a search for it...it worked for me

3. coach

coach Member

Thanks for the reply
    I have the Aspi Layer installed. When I check to see what is installed it tells me that I have
    Aspi32.sys 4.7
    Wowpost.exe 4.6(1021)
    Winaspi.dll 4.6(1021)
    Wnaspi32.dll 4.7
    Below this is a statement that says Aspi is properly installed and fully operational, this is not highlighted on my system which would tend to indicate that it is not installed correctly. I have tried to install it over and over again but with the same results. When I do get the program to open after the error message it tells me that it has found 3 Aspi compatable host adapters, below that it says it is searching for Scsi/Atapi devices then below that it says 2xfound unknown. Both of my drives are IDE so I'm not sure that I should have these Aspi adapters installed, If they should not be there how do I return my system to the original state. Also I'm not sure if the program installed the 32bit or 64bit adapters. All replies will be appreciated as normal.Thanks,Coach,

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Sounds like you've got too many, too different kinds of ASPI layers installed on your machine right now.

Anyway, the problem is definately not with DVD Decrypter :)

5. coach

coach Member

So how do I remove the unwanted ones and leave the ones that are supposed to be there. Do I need to have any if my drives are IDE and not SCSI.

6. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

If you're running NT/2k/XP, yes you do need to have an ASPI layer. And I don't have a slightest idea how to get rid of unwanted ASPI installations.

7. djdrock

djdrock Member

I am running XP Pro, and initially installed Aspi 4.70. I needed to go back to 4.60, and simply installed 4.6 over 4.7. All has been fine in doing this. DVD Decrypter did not recognize my dvd drive until I went to 4.60.