1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by foxbwolfe, Jan 1, 2004.

1. foxbwolfe

foxbwolfe Member

I have tried to use Dvd Decrypter to burn a DVD as it is supposed be able to do, as per other info. My problem is that the .DVD file that is suppose to be available after the rip does not seem to be there. I have tried a number of times with some of my DVDs but no luck yet. Has anyone tried this with success.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

In file mode, Decrypter usually makes a folder with the name of the movie on it and inside that folder you will find a VIDEO_TS folder, this is what gets burned.

Using Decrypter to rip AND burn is possible, but only works with DVD-5 movies, in ISO mode.

I would suggest using another burning program, Nero, Burnatonce for -R media, there are several to choose from.

If you are working with DVD-9, then some compression must occur to fit the movie onto your blank disc. Decrypter doesn't compress, so you will need to use a program like DVD Shrink which will decrypt and compress your movie, then use a burning program to put the VIDEO_TS folder onto your blank disc.

Lately I've been using DVD Decrypter in file mode to decrypt and create a VIDEO_TS folder then Nero Recode 2 to compress and burn. Very nice results.

I'm not sure what you mean by a .DVD file.

Frank

3. foxbwolfe

foxbwolfe Member

Thanks for the reply. I was using a quide for the program that was not very clear on what to do. I have since found a better one. Happy burning!!!!!!