1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter ?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Speer20, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Speer20

Speer20 Guest

I am trying to backup NCAA 2004 for my ps2. Everything seems to be going fine until I try and burn the .iso with DVD Decrypter.

There is a place where it says "Retries" on the menu and the number of retries just keeps going up. I have not let it gone past 7 with out stopping it. When I restart and take the DVD+R out to look at it, it always has like 1 ring where it looks like it was burned.

Should I just let it go longer? Or is somehting else wrong with my setup?

Thanks,

2. noobhere

noobhere Member

Hey man, my buddy had the exact same problem with his nhl hitz disc. It turns out that his disc was scratched. I just loaned him my original disc and it worked perfectly.

3. Speer20

Speer20 Guest

I will try to find a different one to see if that changes anything. I looked at the disc and there is not one scratch or imperfection on it anywhere. Do you think that could still be a problem?

I find it weird that the problem is burning it and not ripping it. Maybe I just need to clean it off really good and try again.

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

wait you say the problem is the burning right?.. well try another dvd-r... try burning the iso with nero6.. one of them should work...

5. Speer20

Speer20 Guest

Correct the problem is when I try and burn the disc. My nero demo is up so no luck there. Also, I have to burn using dvd+r's but I have a new PS2 and I know they work in it because I have backed up some movies and I can view them from the PS2. Any other suggestions?

Also, I have tried 3 different times and it always burns like 1 track...the openeing i think and then when it starts to burn the file the # of "Retries" just keeps going up.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2004
  6. zerogod

zerogod Member

get Nero 5.5.9.17. i've been using this now and have successfully burned approx 34 games no problem. and they all work..

7. Speer20

Speer20 Guest

I am looking for a way to do it where I will not have to purchase anything. Any other reccomendations?

8. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well you can try alcohol 120%... it can make a backup... btw try to use dvd-r and not dvd+r if the burner dont support dvd-r then thats really "big shame on you" to the company who made it...

9. Speer20

Speer20 Guest

"big shame on you" to Sony. I have a Sony DRU-120A that only burns DVD+R/RW

10. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well dude congrats on fiding it the hard way now...

a dvd+r drive just dont fit to make backups with...

11. zerogod

zerogod Member

what do u mean a dvd+r drive isn't fit to make backups with???

that's what i got, and all my 30+ backups work perfect w/ memorex 4x dvd+r's...

12. Speer20

Speer20 Guest

I have backed up movies and they work fine, this is my first PS2 backup though.....

13. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

ok... ok... let me rephrase my statment...

NOT ALL dvd+r fit for burning

better now?...

as for the other dude... you better get used to buy sony dvd+rs now... some of theyre burners support only few brands...

14. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

How can you believe that- you cant "program" a drive to not burn on certain media- any DVD+R drive will burn any +R and any -R will burn any-R. Im sick of all this shit about brands- its a farse. Even if you use the cheapest media ever it will still burn and play fine. For my friends band we made a dvd and i bought a 100 spindle of durrabrand 4x DVD+r for $80- guess what? we sold 94 DVDs and no returns or complaints that it didnt play right- the brand doesnt freakin matter- im realy getting tired of this.

15. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

the only thing im getting tired of is you dude... tired of your stupid remarks about everything someone say... you say its like you know EVERYTHING.... NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE YOU!!! so cut it out...

16. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

Good for you! well guess what ive burned hundreds of dvds and sence i do it in bulk i buy the cheapest i can find- i have never had a DVD that someone said wouldnt play correctly- and also im sick of lable rumors too- i have lables on all of my discs- they all play. Im also sick of the burn at 1x rumors!!! why wait 2 hours to burn a dvd when your drive is specificaly desigined to burn at its highest speed- if you fall into these rumors your foolish.

17. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

my belives has nothing to do with this dude...

the fact that labels on dvd's heat up and make it more pain in the arse to play with a ps2 is a fact.. i know alot of people with that problem...

as for burning non branded dvd's i have some of them here... try using SmartCom dvd-rs they are 4x dvds... they use the white ones and the weird color ones... and they worth crap.... i also had some sky dvd's and they crap aswell... i burnt me matrix on the smartcom dvd... and it didnt even boot not on my pionner nor on my ps2... i burnt the same files on tdk... and what a surprise the movie WORKS!!...

as for speeds not every one like you dude... i burn at 2x you burn at 8x or 4x... the other dude whats his name burns on 1x... if the burner can do faster dont mean the pc can keep up.... maybe he got a slower pc and maybe thats why he cant burn... ever tought about that?....

you must forgive me about my last post.. i was lil bit upset...