1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by matt007, Aug 22, 2004.

1. matt007

matt007 Member

i have just found out about this software but i only have a cd rewritter, but i have heard you can read dvds to your hard drive before you burn then to disk and i was woundering if i can download this software and use it to read dvds to my hardrive and then view then using windows media player or any other like software.

Hope someone can help
    Thanks

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Your CD writer won't be able to read DVDs unless it's a combo CDRW/DVD-ROM drive.

If you want to rip DVDs to your hard drive and nothing more you need a DVD ROM at the very least. They go for around $30 :)

3. matt007

matt007 Member

sorry i did not mention this but i do have a dvd rom, so would i be able to use that software to copy dvds to the hard drive using my dvd rom and then watch them on my pc, do the dvds need to be in any particular format.

Thanks
    matt007 UK

4. smsmike

smsmike Regular member

matt007 (Newbie) 23 August 2004 06:06
    sorry i did not mention this but i do have a dvd rom, so would i be able to use that software to copy dvds to the hard drive using my dvd rom and then watch them on my pc, do the dvds need to be in any particular format.
    =============================

Yes! All you have to do is copy the files to your Hard Drive with DVD Decrypter using the "Default Settings." Once the movie is on the drive, you can use your Computer's DVD player to watch the movie by selecting (files on the drive) rather than (disk in the drive).

- Mike -