1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by MDSP, Apr 4, 2007.

1. MDSP

MDSP Regular member

How come when I tried burning a Wii iso file using DVD Decrypter it gives me an error. Im just curious why DVD Decrypter doesnt work? I used Nero to burn the iso file and no problem found.

Thanks

2. joebazz

joebazz Guest

3. Ripper

Ripper Active member

What error did it give you?

4. Memnock

Memnock Active member

For whatever reason DVD Decrypter never worked for me with Wii games. I used Nero and everything burned and played fine.

5. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

The Imgburn interface looks alot like DVD decrypter...

Worked great for me. Nero said their wasn't enough room on the disc. Usually I use Liquid CD on my MacBook but lately I've been doing the backups on my Alienware.

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but IMGBurn is Decrypter under another name (minus the ripping ability) ;-)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  7. dazila

dazila Regular member

Who didnt know that.
    The guys name is on them both and it's the same name except Imgburn is legal and DVD decryptor isnt anymore why?
    -In 2004 DVD decryptor kicked off and became the No1 ripping software becase mainly it would bypass ANY copyright protection which got alot of companies mainly movie ones like Universal etc.
    so they filed a LawSuit against this "LightiningUK" guy as he wasn't big in terms of money he chose to agree and shut his whole site down and inform people why and this story I wrote is the one he explained himself at the end of 04 you can find it burried deep in the News section here.
    So then at the start of 05 he started creating IMGburn which is like DVD decryptor except it dosent have the Ripping part which made DVD decryptor go so that is why IMG burn is not ILLEGAL but LEGAL in all ways.
    IMG burn also added support for Samsung burners to booktype inside the software and remove some bugs that DVD decryptor had.
    The ripping part went but another part was added "Img building" where you select files and it compiles it into one iso which you can burn meaning stuff with copyright protection like disney DVD's will not go this way as you need to copy the files onto the harddrive using "Windows Explorer" which wont let you do so as it checks for protection. so that is it.