1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by user0100, Apr 18, 2007.

1. user0100

user0100 Member

Hi:

I have recently AEF'ed (reformated) my laptop, and reinstalled all my favorite software from my ext. HD. I tried using DVD Decrypter and it's crapping out on me. This is my normal process and has been successful with over 400 movies: Use DVD Decrypter to rip the original, use DVD Shrink to analyze and back it up, then use DVD Decrypter to burn it on a blank media (Fuji Film has been loyal to me). But now, after the PC cleaning, it get an error when I try to use DVD Decrypter to burn it on a blank media:

Device Io Control (FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME) Failed!
    Device [1:0:0]_NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A 104D(D:)(ATA)
    Unable to lock volume for exclusive access.
    Reason: Access is denied.

I click to retry, but I am force to ignore the error. DVD Decrypter will continue to work like it is burning, and say it's successful at the end of operation, but the media is still blank (no video/audio folders/files on it. I am at a loss and hope that someone could please help a novice at the end of his wits. Also, any suggestions on better DVD burning software procedures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much and I think it's awesome how so many experts provide such detailed and helpful assistance here at AfterDawn.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi user0100
    Something else is accessing the drive.
    Here's a some info to help figure out which app is accessing it - link.

This is for ImgBurn but ImgBurn is by the same developer - it's the updated burn engine of Decrypter.

Give that a go and let us know.

3. cygnus_09

cygnus_09 Member

User 0100:

There are a few good programs out there such as AnyDVD, and DVDFab Platinum. Unfortunately, you need to purchase these products, but they work well. Purchase price ranges from around $40US to about$50US. AnyDVD does not burn for you,or compress it for you. But it will allow you to copy the dvd to your computer,region free and without all that nice copyright protection. AnyDVD works about 99% of the time,and is frequently updated, as is DVDFab Platinum. I haven't met a DVD that DVDFab won't make it through. Hope this helps.

4. user0100

user0100 Member

Thank you very much. I will give that a try and reply back what results that I got. Hopefully, closing that particular handle will do the trick. Thanks again for the advice.

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Not a problem user0100
    Keep us posted!