1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decryptor and DVD-R's Made with DVR

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by javatar2k, Aug 25, 2002.

1. javatar2k

javatar2k Guest

Hello,

I have a Panasonic DMR-E30K DVD VCR. This machine, while working like a VCR, burns video to DVD-R and or DVD-RAM.

I made a couple of discs in this machine, and wanted to make additonal copies (They are non copy protected home movies, etc).

The disc is freely readable/playable in my Pioneer DVD-103 drive. When I tried to create an ISO image from a disc, I kept getting an incorrect reading of the disc size, and the software would emit a message: "Failed to get Disc Capacity".

Am I doing something wrong? I have managed to get it to work once. But I am not confident it will be consistent. I am wondering if my Pioneer drive needs a firmware upgrade, but I believe I have the latest firmware.

Any comments/hints greatly appreciated!

2. Insite

Insite Guest

My guess is that because they are not in 'tradidional' commercial DVD format that DVD Decryptor won't work. Use Norton Ghost or the likes to extract your iso.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

what are you using to extract an iso???

4. javatar2k

javatar2k Guest

I was using a down level version of Nero. Now that I have gone to 5.5.9.9 it seems to be working fine.

Thanks for the responses!